Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Comments

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Didnt go to SW this afternoon,it was snowing! Going there a bus puts me off quite near the hall,but coming home is about 200 yards down a rather steep hill,poorly lit in the dark,then I would have to wait ages for a bus home.So I'll go on Thursday a.m.My scales show a 2-3 lb gain for this week.Oops.Enjoyed my birthday week anyway,so onwards and downwards!:rotfl:
    Exercise wise,yesterday I walked past several bus stops rather than stand waiting for the bus,then did shopping and humped 2 bags of shopping. Plus the 200 yards walk home after getting off the bus,so I would count that as a Body Magic session,dont you think?Am starting BM at the lowest level but any exercise after 4 years indoors is so wonderful. PIty about the horrible weather though :(
    So busy with Mr Dusty and chores today I have spent very little time online or reading.Did watch with horrid fascination an episode of ''Hoarders''. Boy does that programme encourage me to tidy up a bit!:rotfl::rotfl:But its hard when you live with a lifelong pack-rat who NEVER EVER throws anything away:mad::mad:
    Just called in for a moment before going off to poach salmon in milk and using the stock as a base for his ubiquitous peanut butter sauce for Mr Dusty's supper. I am just going to have a small salad with a tin of sardines on the side for my oily fish fix.Quick and easy,as I get tired of cooking:D
    Then perhaps I'll get some reading done,still only 1/12 books finished for this month!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well done on the BM.
    Good luck with weigh in on Thursday.
    I WI on a Thursday too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dustydigger
    edited 9 February 2018 at 2:26PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well done on the BM.
    Good luck with weigh in on Thursday.
    I WI on a Thursday too.
    Was very relieved to only put on half a pound at weigh-in Thursday.Worked very hard to shake off a lot of weight and bloat over those 3 days:D:D
    Having an awful lot of stress in RL at the moment and its a mighty struggle not to fall back into old comfort eating/alcohol mode.
    Mr Dusty has a court case back in Africa,a nightmare that has been rumbling on for 5 years,and suddenly the magistrate is to give the verdict. It was to have been about 2-3 months away they have brought the date forward to 23rd Feb. Less than 5 weeks to arrange his trip - tickets,visas,financial arrangements for my money while he's away,inoculations,arranging to order double medications to take with him while he's away, packing.......the list is endless.Then cost of antimalarial tablets is horrendous,around £2-3 a tablet.Even trying to send money abroad is a stumbling block,as Western Union's machines werent working yesterday.Poor Mr Dusty is so stressed,he expected to have a much longer period to prepare.All we have had for years with the case is constant delays and postponements,so now at the last minute they bring things forward. You couldnt make it up:mad::mad:
    All that was bad enough but we had upsetting news today which is much more worrying My granddaughter is 35 weeks pregnant. Her first baby was small,so they have been monitoring her regularly this time. Everything seemed reasonable though the baby is small,but this month there is no growth at all,the baby is well behind normal levels. Docs are worried the baby isnt getting nutrients,so they are doing more tests and scans on Monday,and may have to induce labour as getting nutrients into a small new born baby will be possible,whereas they say there is a possibility of a stillbirth if things go on this way.They will probably induce labour next week.The only ray of hope is that the baby is very active,so maybe it will turn out to be just a very small baby after all. We can but wait and pray :(
  • beanielou
    Oh dear, so sorry that it all seems to be happening.
    Hope all comes well.
    Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
    TAke care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Fingers crossed it all works out ok. What a worry for you.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • dustydigger
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh dear, so sorry that it all seems to be happening.
    Hope all comes well.
    Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
    TAke care.

Thanks beanie lou for your kind words
  • dustydigger
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it all works out ok. What a worry for you.

Thanks Sayschezza!

To end a nightmare of a day I was locked out of MSE this evening have tried fruitlessly to get on,and in the end had to enter a new password as I couldnt even get on the home page.had to think up a new password,another one to remember for my old brain:(and Firefox were warning me of insecurity,so I hope its all OK.:(:(
    What a day,will try to get back on track tomorrow.
    Now have £254 in the House & Home fund in the credit union. Thats the money ready for a new oven if it suddenly breaks down.Ready to start saving now for paint to decorate kitchen and living room
    Nothing in my pots today,but at least I have now got 3 completed books reads for the month to my credit .3/12 .
    5 AF days ,so far,was a real struggle to keep today clear but I persevered!:)
    As Scarlett said,''Tomorrow is another day.''
  • beanielou
    You credit union savings are just fab.

What colours are you thinking for the paint?

• Hello :wave:

Everyone has been asked to change their password.
    Thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5791325

Hope all goes well for Mr Dusty :) and your grandaughter :)
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs :)
  • Hey Dusty - sorry I haven't checked in for a bit. Well done on not gaining loads at your weigh in! Considering it was your birthday I feel you did very, very well :cool:

So sorry to hear about your Granddaughter and her baby. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is OK. My parents were pregnant before I came along and unfortunately the baby was stillborn and neither of them really got over it. It's just so very sad, I hope things go well.

Sounds a bit of a mad panic for Mr. Dusty's trip but I'm sure he'll be prepared in the end! Maybe when he's gone you can stop having to search in Aldi for the peanut butter for a bit?!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport