Why is prejudice against lazy people still acceptable?

Some people are religious, or vegetarian. Apparantly its not acceptable to be prejudiced against them, but it is OK to be against laziness. If someone really hates work then who are we to judge? Leave em on the dole I say, keeps em out of they way anyway. Some people really don't have the mindset for work life and could be considered a form of mental health issue.

Laziness is only bad when people are forced to work and then end up not doing a good job because as I mentioned, they lack the mindset to make a good worker. I think the dole is overly harsh in handing out sanctions. Its not like dole is giving people a great living anyway.
Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.

Comments

• Nice, troll thread combined with flame baiting.
    TyreLever wrote: »
    Some people are religious, or vegetarian. Apparantly its not acceptable to be prejudiced against them, but it is OK to be against laziness. If someone really hates work then who are we to judge? Leave em on the dole I say, keeps em out of they way anyway. Some people really don't have the mindset for work life and could be considered a form of mental health issue.

Laziness is only bad when people are forced to work and then end up not doing a good job because as I mentioned, they lack the mindset to make a good worker. I think the dole is overly harsh in handing out sanctions. Its not like dole is giving people a great living anyway.
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I was going to reply to this but i can't be arsed.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I can't be bothered to write a full reply pointing out the issues with this, but can you send me £50 instead?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If we're being PC it should be "Selectively participating"
    Selectively participating and proud - not sure I can see it as a slogan. They'd run out of steam before they got to the end of the banner.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    We could put one of them in charge in handing out their benefits?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I'm lazy but I do it on my own dime.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    I had this (heated) discussion with my sister over dinner a couple of years ago. I made my point by eating the food and refusing to contribute to the bill.
  • Definitely flame bait !
  • I must admit this OP brought a smile to my face!

I've often wondered (seriously!) why being stupid isn't a protected characteristic...
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've often wondered (seriously!) why being stupid isn't a protected characteristic...
    Usually a protected characteristic relates to a minority. :beer:
    Not even wrong
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family