Where did the Signature Capital thread go?

There were some genuine concerns raised about the Signature investments (such as issues with late filing of accounts) and now it appears the whole thread has been deleted. Do you think someone was trying to hide something?

Comments

• Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    In the past it happened with an Asset Life thread. In that case I started a new "facts only" version which survives to this day:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5692526

If you think there were genuine concerns you could do the same, but with lawyers watching for anything they can use it does depend on people not giving any opinions and just stating irrefutable facts.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I looked on Google's cache but it only had the second page.

This was the original post. Personal names have been removed as per MSE legal policy but can be easily obtained on Companies House.
    RaymondV wrote:
    I’m looking to invest and have signed up to a number of offers. I keep getting regular emails from one group in particular, Signature Capital from Liverpool. Has anyone heard of this group? The offers are all similar and high yield 12% +. A quick search on Companies House shows the company trading less than 1 year. Interestingly the Director [Malthusian: snip personal details which are in the public domain on Companies House] holds 33 appointments but none preceding 2016. The company boasts projected profits of £37.5 million for 2017/18. That seems quite high for a new company. I got an email today saying that Signature Capital scored a 9 out of 10 in the “independent” Bond Review Investor Chronicle. It turns out that the only other director [Malthusian: snip personal details] registered the company Investor Chronicle in April 2018. It doesn’t seem independent to me. Perhaps someone can give me some feedback who is truly independent and not one of their salesmen. Something doesn’t feel right.

The feedback given in the original thread was unanimously that the OP should not invest.

The OP quoted figures which are from the companies' own accounts published on Companies House and are legally bulletproof.

Other non-disputable facts include:

- Any investment offered by Signature Capital which includes a "fixed" or "guaranteed" "rental" agreement is in reality an investment in Signature Capital, as you are relying on Signature Capital to pay your returns regardless of how much the property yields

- Signature Capital is a micro-cap unlisted company and any investment in a micro-cap unlisted company is ultra high risk

- Anyone investing in property should hire their own valuer and not just hand over what the seller says it's worth.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    If I remember right it was also pointed out the "Investor Chronicle" mentioned in the original post is in no way connected to the well known magazine "Investors Chronicle" despite the almost identical names.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Malthusian wrote: »
    I looked on Google's cache but it only had the second page.
    The first page is still accessible there too, I'll leave it at that....
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Another fact confirmed by companies house and in the public domain is that the director of the firm called Investor Chronicle, that wrote the independent review of the Signature Capital Investment was also a director of Signature Capital at that time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    eskbanker wrote: »
    The first page is still accessible there too, I'll leave it at that....

When I googled the first page appeared in the list of results, but without the arrow that allows you to look at the cached version.

If it is there it won't be up for more than a few weeks.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Malthusian wrote: »
    When I googled the first page appeared in the list of results, but without the arrow that allows you to look at the cached version.

If it is there it won't be up for more than a few weeks.
    It's definitely there, the arrow shows for me and I've followed it to the cached page (snapshot taken on 7 March), which includes your September 2018 posting of a TripAdvisor review about a stay in one of the hotels!
  • Reaper wrote: »
    In the past it happened with an Asset Life thread. In that case I started a new "facts only" version which survives to this day:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5692526

If you think there were genuine concerns you could do the same, but with lawyers watching for anything they can use it does depend on people not giving any opinions and just stating irrefutable facts.

Absolutely this.

As a moderator on a different forum, my guess is that If the thread has been removed it will probably be because someone with legal clout demanded its removal.

Only straight facts that can't be denied will be allowed to remain.
  • BugByte
    BugByte Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post
    According to Companies House, as at 23rd April 2019 the following associated companies annual accounts are OVERDUE:

ALMA DE CUBA HOTEL LIMITED
    BEDFORD HOTEL LIMITED
    BELFAST SLG TWO LIMITED
    L.T.D. CONTRACTORS LIMITED
    PB D AND B LIMITED
    SIGNATURE CAMPUS LIMITED
    SIGNATURE CAR PARK LIMITED
    SIGNATURE EDEN LIMITED
    SIGNATURE HANOVER STREET LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING ARTHOUSE SQAURE LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING ARTHOUSE SQAURE OPS LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING COAL EXCHANGE LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING COAL EXCHANGE OPS LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING DANIEL HOUSE OPERATIONS LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING DANIEL HOUSE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LIMITED
    SIGNATURE LIVING HOTEL LIMITED
    SIGNATURE SHANKLY LIMITED
    SIGNATURE SHANKLY APARTMENTS LIMITED
    SIGNATURE SHANKLY OPERATIONS LIMITED
    SIGNATURE VICTORIA MILL LIMITED
    SLG CRUMLIN ROAD LIMITED
    STANLEY STREET HOTEL LIMITED
  • verybigchris
    verybigchris Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Signature Living boss Lawrence Kenwright responds to 'horror stories' from frustrated investors
    (Liverpool Echo's site is horrible, so make sure your ad-blocker is on)

One buyer told the ECHO they had started legal action in an attempt to get their deposit on a Signature property returned. They said they were: “Never paid on time and have to dig a hole right through the earth to get each payment weeks after it was due.” They and other investors told us it had been tough to get hold of anyone at Signature to ask about payments. One called their dealing with Signature a "horror story", saying they had made "countless" telephone calls in an attempt to get their ROIs. Another said: "It is almost impossible to speak to anyone there and no-one returns calls. The many emails I have sent go unanswered."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure