Hastings Direct No claim discount proof question

Options
Hello Folks
My Mrs. got 5 years NCD bonus as she had 5 years driving license as a bonus for multicar policy cover. In reality she was 4 years as added driver on my car and 1 year on her own car as a main policy holder. but E-Sure insurance group gave 4 extra years as a welcome bonus for having 2 policy in same property.

Now moving out of E-Sure due to very high renewal quotes . Got a new Hastings Direct insurance 23 days before start date. So far they never asked for any NCD proof. My policy is about to start in 5 days time. I caled hastings to confirm it,but they said not to send any proof letter about NCD unless the company asks for.

Could you please help me with the following question based on your experiences about NCD proof verification and Hastings experience.
1) Can Hastings ask NCD proof after start date of policy or they won't ask for it?
2) Can they accept 5 years as NCD or just 1 year?

Thanks

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    does she have proof of the 5years on her renewal notice? that will be the key
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    What do esure say about both your NCD on their renewal notice?
  • calltobala
    calltobala Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    does she have proof of the 5years on her renewal notice? that will be the key

Thanks. I got their NCD letter for cancellation for renewal.
    It says
    "further to your recent request we can confirm that your insurance policy was cancelled from 19 April 2019 and that time of cancellation you were entitled to a No Claim discount of 5 years .

Is that valid as acceptance for new insurance company?
  • calltobala
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    What do esure say about both your NCD on their renewal notice?
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have insurance with e-suree for next 10 months with 8 yrs NCD. But changing my wife insurance to new provider and they gave 5 yrs NCD for her on renewal cancellation letter.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    So to answer your original questions:

1) yes

2) All looks good now she has written proof of her 5 years NCD
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hastings generally verify NCD electronically so if you hear nothing from them you don’t need to do anything else.
    If they need proof they will get in touch with you and request it.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • calltobala
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Hastings generally verify NCD electronically so if you hear nothing from them you don’t need to do anything else.
    If they need proof they will get in touch with you and request it.

I have a question regarding how it works if you go for claim. Do the Hastings will honour that extra Esure 4 years bonus provided by them? I understand they dgave letter for proof for 5 years NCD proof. But if there is a claim how it is going to work? Do they accept only 1 year as NCD or 5 years As NCD?
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If Hastings accept the 5 year NCD and then you have a claim while with them it would reduce by 2 years if it’s your fault. If ESure have declared it as 5 years then it will be 5 years.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, on this same subject of prof of no claims. Readers might be interested to hear this.
    I have just started a policy with TheAA , I have had 18 years of no claims but each time you move insurers they mostly only state you have the maximum 9 years NCD. I always state the truth and this time it was 18 years but provided the usual 9 year prof this time from Halifax Car insurance. On the new AA policy, it clearly states on page 10 of the insurance contract that regardless of the number of years NC the maximum discount available will be 25%. But I now received a demand for further payment since I have not provided prof of more than 9 years discount. As they only accept prof no more that 2 years old I need to go back to each insurance company in turn asking them to provide such a letter which I can send to the next and so on until I am up to date.
    This has not started well since LV have sent me a driving record which says I was with them for 5 years without incident and no mention of the 7 years discount which I started with them with !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure