PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Options
Good morning all,

As we've decided that we'd like a new thread for each part of our 2019 challenge I've changed the thread title slightly. I haven't posted the links to previous challenges either - we're all capable of looking them up by title if we want them. If you do get stuck looking for them give me a shout and I'll find them for you. Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st of April until the 30th of June (13 weeks).

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after. I for one will be starting new after this weekend (party Saturday and Mothering Sunday today, oh dear! :o ).

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge.

Take care all of you :)

Here are some useful links to help your weight loss journey :-

MSE links
OldStyle Healthy recipes threads
Menu Plans Collection

Outside Links
Free food/calorie tracking
My Fitness Pal (iphone and android apps as well as online)
MyNetDiary
The rest on google

Free printable food diary

NHS healthy eating website
BMI calculator

Comments

• dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for a shiny new thread Cranky :)

I’ll aim for 7lbs this time please
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you Cranky for the new start, can you put me down for 10lb please. I am feeling a bit more optimistic today as my lovely children have bought me lovely gifts for Mother's Day rather than chocolates.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All

Thank you so much for the new thread Cranky and for all your hard work keeping us in check, on track and kind words when we stumble x

I also got some lovely gifts this morning and no chocolate either, my Mum also bought me a t-shirt in a size 18 which actually fit!! This time last year I'd have been in a 22/24
    Could you put me down for 10lb please that will take me down into the next stone bracket and allows for Easter (it is also dh birthday so at least I can combine those two celebrations)
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Cranky :). Can you put me down for 10lb again please, I'll try to get nearer to it this time :cool:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for everything you do Cranky, where would we be without you?
    Please put me down for 12lbs. If it’s ok I’m going to post my starting weight and then updates too. Hopefully that’ll keep me more accountable and on track. Onwards and downwards!
    Luv K9zz x
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Thanks Cranky

Can you put me down for 11lb please. That would make me 10 stone something and I'd be delighted with that.
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    I've been shameful on the last challenge but in my defence I've had a horrible time lately but I am determined to lose the weight because I know I am happier when I weigh less because I feel better so this time I am going for 13 lb ��thank you
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like to sign up for the new challenge, although I didn't do very well last time. I'm going to aim for losing 7lb and see how I go.

I had a great time in London with my daughter. We ate well but very healthily and got loads of exercise. We actually walked 20 miles on the Wednesday, which with my little legs is over 52,000 steps!!! Unfortunately, I had a few unhealthy days when I got back, including rather an overdose of chocolate.

I've not done too badly today. I took my Mother out this afternoon for coffee and cakes for Mother's Day but resisted the cakes myself, though I did taste hers.

Lunch: Scrambled egg and bacon on a low carb blini
    Dinner: Cauliflower cheese
    Treats: Six squares of dark chocolate. Couple of bites of lime and lemon cheesecake (top only, no base)

DGD came for Sunday dinner with the family as usual and then stayed an hour before I took her home which helped the step count. I still need to do 2,000 before I watch Line of Duty later so better get off the computer and do something.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,762 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's good to see you all on our new thread :) I'll decide what my new target will be when I get on the scales tomorrow morning and see how much damage I've done between last night (cider and party food) and today.

I'm going to make Monday my weigh in day. Could you all just pick one day and try to stick to it please, it means I don't have to trawl back through a week of posts to see if anyone has lost, gained and then lost again. By all means post your weight variations from one day to the next but only use the magic words "weigh in" once each week.

Does anyone have any good ideas for strategy this time round? I'm going to fill in MFP, try and increase my step count and not use food as a prop/emotional support/reward..... I'm also going to try and post my meals on here. I took some rhubarb out of the freezer earlier to go with yogurt for breakfast tomorrow. It's already been stewed with some sweetener. That should be a good start to the day.

Take care all of you :)
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning all :hello:
    Yay, Day 1 of the new challenge. I haven't weighed in yet as my scales are talking ones and I didn't want to wake my lovely husband. It's bad enough when our cat jumps on them in the middle of the night :D. I will record any losses from next week as this is the starting week.

Today, my son is going to pick a recipe from my new cookbook and we are going to make it together. I am making chicken pie for everyone else but I don't want that as the pastry is so fattening. I will be recording everything I eat on my Nutracheck account so I can keep track of my calories too.

My menu today is:
    b - porridge and a banana
    l - tuna salad sandwich
    d - to be decided later
    s - fruit

Good luck everyone on your fresh start, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income