Re-using roses, heroes tubs etc

calleyw
calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
I am sure like most of us we all have plastic chocolate boxes from heroes etc clutter up our houses. I loathe to throw them away. Wish they would put them back in metal tins easier to recycle.

I don't bake so no use to keep for putting goodies in.

Anyone used them in crafting?

I found this by accident on pinterest. They used camembert cheese boxes. Of course they would be a lot bigger.

http://verob.centerblog.net/9481-avec-des-boites-de-camenbert

f344a3dd3309631195f2559695d9a8de.jpg

2831d40ea85401a31bb513e68ececd15.jpg

Anyone done anything like this or anything else with these chocolate tubs

Yours

Calley x
Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I just find round tins to be inconvenient for using them as storage. Square tins would be much handier.... and more usable.

I'd not bother trying to "re-craft" them, at expense, for something that'd just clutter up the house and never get used.

Just sigh and lob them in the recycling....
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I love the tiered shelving unit in your post and think that the chocolate tubs would be great made into something like. Being bigger would make them more useful in my opinion.

I have also seen them covered in pretty paper and then used as a gift box which i think would be nice.

Like you have quite a few and want to turn them into something rather than just throw them away.
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I love the tiered shelving unit in your post and think that the chocolate tubs would be great made into something like. Being bigger would make them more useful in my opinion.

I have also seen them covered in pretty paper and then used as a gift box which i think would be nice.

Like you have quite a few and want to turn them into something rather than just throw them away.

Yep I liked that idea too. I have plenty of stuff here so no need to buy loads of stuff to make it. Might need some new PVA glue though. If I ever get around to doing anything with them. I will post here.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family