Cheapest Hayfever Remedies discussion

Former_MSE_Rose
Former_MSE_Rose Posts: 128 Forumite
edited 20 April 2015 at 3:28PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
articlealert2_banner.gif
Hi all, this is the discussion for the Cheap Hayfever Tablets guide:

Cheap Hayfever Tablets
If you've spotted any top deals, or have any tips to help others, please post them below. You can also read the 2008 discussion, 2009 discussion, 2010 discussion, 2011 discussion and 2012 discussion here.

Comments

• If you go to Chemist4U via TopCashBack then they have a discount code for an extra 10% off until 20 April!
  • mew
    mew Posts: 1,009
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Home Bargains (in store) have packs of Galpharm hayfever tablets for 79p each. Unlike some of their other product lines, these seem to be a consistent line, being stocked for at least a year (even over winter).

Green boxes of 14 Loratadine tablets 79p
    Blue boxes of 14 Certazine tablets 79p
  • I don't agree with the article that piriton is the only antihistamine that causes drowsiness - I use Cetirizine hydrochloride as a cheapy sleeping tablet as well as a nighttime antihistamine, which gives me a great night's sleep when I need one.
    When I first realised I had some sort of allergy, Cetirizine hydrochloride was the first I tried, but I fell asleep one lunchtime in the middle of a chat with my father, at work! I know different drugs affect people differently, so ymmv, but I would never take one of those tablets in the daytime if I had to drive or work with machinery, or do anything productive.
    Loratadine on the other hand leaves me drowsy-free, so if that's what you're after, it gets my vote.

Just a heads-up.

I get mine from amazon, but the prices are rather seasonal.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2013 at 2:27PM
    I'm not sure if many people need 3 months worth of these tablets (assuming 1 is taken every day).

For those that don't, Home Bargains sell the same generic packs of 14 for 79p as those sold by pound shops and the supermarkets for a quid.

Edit: Beaten to it (by several hours :o) by mew
  • Going via topcashback with the 10% voucher code also gives you the option of delivery for £1.95, so you can actually get 90 days worth of hayfever tablets for £3.81 delivered! Bargain.
  • maybe1
    maybe1 Posts: 1,395
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Also at Chemist 4 U,

Sodium Cromoglicate Hayfever Eye Drops 10ml (Opticrom) Brand recieved may vary [P] £1.79
  • You can get 4 x 30 Loratadine 10mg tablets for £2.99 delivered at Pharmacy First.
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Wywth wrote: »
    I'm not sure if many people need 3 months worth of these tablets (assuming 1 is taken every day).

For those that don't, Home Bargains sell the same generic packs of 14 for 79p as those sold by pound shops and the supermarkets for a quid.

Edit: Beaten to it (by several hours :o) by mew

I need them for approx. 9 months of the year :(
  • lorna9339 wrote: »
    You can get 4 x 30 Loratadine 10mg tablets for £2.99 delivered at Pharmacy First.

I ordered these last week, I got 6.06% cashback on TCB too.
  • Sam_26
    Sam_26 Posts: 235 Organisation Representative
    Cetirizine isn't suppose to make you drowsy, but different people react differently to different medications. Please take the one that suits you best
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback