PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Kirkie-32 wrote: »
    do I just call & log the complaint over the phone or do I have to send in a paper claim? Also do I need to do a sperate application for a) mortgage, b) loan, 3) credit card?
    First of all, it's important to realise you are not "claiming".

You have to identify valid and verifiable mis-selling complaint reasons which honestly apply to your purchase of any PPI you may have had.

It's certainly not enough to simply have had PPI. It's not the insurance product you can complain about but the manner in which it was sold to you.

In answer to your specific question, you can ring or write it's your own choice. Every policy will need it's own separate complaint.
  • tomb_raider
    Options
    Hello, my husband took out a loan first in 2002 with ppi. In 2003 we needed more money so took out more on the same loan, the ppi was actually more than the money we got! He was working at the time (as was I) but for an agency though with the same company. About 3 months later he lost his licence & so couldn't work as he was a driver & even though they offered him warehouse work he couldn't get there. We got into debt & had a DMP with CCCS.
    The loan company was then taken over by citi financial & we paid the DMP off in 2008. My husband had a few jobs but them became ill in 2005 & he died in 2010.
    I've read on here that I can claim even if the ppi was in my husbands name, which I think it was, even though I was also working. If that's correct, how do I fill in the questionnaire?
    I have moved house since he died & not sure if I still have the paper work for the loan, I might have some details if I can find the CCCS letters etc.
    I seem to remember asking the loan company about the ppi when he lost his job & also CCCS but not 100% about that.
    Basically, my question is - will I be able to make a claim?
    Sorry for the long post, any help will be appreciated.
    :)
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    Hello, my husband took out a loan first in 2002 with ppi. In 2003 we needed more money so took out more on the same loan, the ppi was actually more than the money we got! He was working at the time (as was I) but for an agency though with the same company. About 3 months later he lost his licence & so couldn't work as he was a driver & even though they offered him warehouse work he couldn't get there. We got into debt & had a DMP with CCCS.
    The loan company was then taken over by citi financial & we paid the DMP off in 2008. My husband had a few jobs but them became ill in 2005 & he died in 2010.
    I've read on here that I can claim even if the ppi was in my husbands name, which I think it was, even though I was also working. If that's correct, how do I fill in the questionnaire?
    I have moved house since he died & not sure if I still have the paper work for the loan, I might have some details if I can find the CCCS letters etc.
    I seem to remember asking the loan company about the ppi when he lost his job & also CCCS but not 100% about that.
    Basically, my question is - will I be able to make a claim?
    Sorry for the long post, any help will be appreciated.
    :)
    firstly was the loan in just his name or joint names?? as if joint it does make things a tad simpler.
    secondley did he leave a will?? if not you will have to get a letter of probate to prove that you can act on his behalf.
    and lastly you will need a valid reason for claiming it back as a miss sell (like single premium) as its not just about the fact that ppi was there but the fact that it was miss sold xx
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    just a quick update from welcome regarding my claim.
    i rang on wednesday to check to see if they needed anymore info sending as it took them so long to make up their minds what i needed to send the nice man i spoke to on weds said he would mark it with a star/flag as the info i had sent hadnt been looked at yet so not sure if anything else was needed and to ring bk today for a update.
    another call today and the lady i spoke to said sorry theres a delay looking at this so after putting me on hold for 2 mins spoke to her boss who said they will look into this today so hopefully 1 way or another i will get a answer soon.
    just another note for any1 looking at welcome claims is print the questionaire they need you to fill in off the net as i still havnt got the 1 they sent me 4 wks after they said it had been posted.
  • linzi.k.f
    Options
    Hello all.

Apologies if I'm bringing up something that's already been covered earlier in this thread.

Just wondered if anyone had any experiences claiming PPI back from Egg? Since 2004 I've had six loans with Egg, the most recent one was paid off in 2010. Last week I wrote to them using the letter template off this website requesting copies of my T&C's etc. Unfortunately I have not kept any of my loan policies at all, but I do have all the account numbers, dates of the loans and loan amounts. Today I've received a reply from Egg saying they will not supply me with any information as they are under no obligation to do so. Is this correct, or is this their way of trying to put me off from making a claim? If they won't supply me with details of my T&C's can I just go ahead and complete the questionnaire for all six loans and make a claim anyway?

Many thanks for any help/advice. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    linzi.k.f wrote: »
    I do have all the account numbers, dates of the loans and loan amounts.
    Terms and conditions are not available for closed accounts. Regardless, you already have all the information you need.

However, you will also need valid and verifiable complaint reasons.
  • linzi.k.f
    Options
    Terms and conditions are not available for closed accounts. Regardless, you already have all the information you need.

Many thanks. :) Do you think I should just go ahead and fill in the questionnaire then with the information I do have?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    linzi.k.f wrote: »
    Many thanks. :) Do you think I should just go ahead and fill in the questionnaire then with the information I do have?
    Yes, as long as you have valid and verifiable complaint reasons. Go here and follow the simple steps:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step2
  • NRF07
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to reclaim PPI on my MBNA Credit Card taken out at the end of 1998..
    I've gone down the route step-by-step on the MSE site and have all the tools but in the questionnaire I do not know which road to go down...

I don't think I ticked the box. However it is ticked, can I prove it?
    I was young, naive and never questionned it but I would never have taken it out, how do you prove it?

I don't want to fill the questionnaire out wrong and potentially scupper any chance of a reclaim.

Please help! What do I do... It was so long ago!
  • col1_2
    Options
    new to message boards just had a rejection letter from mbna for ppi on credit card they say as i ticked box when originally filling in form i will not be eligible for refund i am thinking of applying to ombudsman have i got a case help please thanks:cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback