IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking - NTK sent in wrong name

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

The ANPR images show that the vehicle was on the site for 16 minutes, and its site data shows that there was no payment made for vehicle registration M155 SHX. As such, by showing that the vehicle entered the site for 16 minutes without making a payment, they have evidenced that a contravention took place. Whilst I acknowledge the appellants comments that they do not believe the technology to be accurate, as there is no evidence to dispute the accuracy of the ANPR I must work on the basis that it is fully accurate.

That's what I'm referring to above.
    That's the evidence that you need to overcome, the missing digits.
    If the fee was paid, then gain irrefutable proof that it was.
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    The ticket was long gone, but they added a Machine Data document which has the first 5 characters of the license plate on it.

Laughably then, they probably issued tickets to every single VRN :rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So in the list of VRNs have they part-redacted the obvious 'MI55 xxx' VRN as well?

Demand that they show that one in full as it is clearly the payment relating to your car, and tell Britannia's DPO you will report them personally and their company, to the ICO by 30th April if they keep refusing. Especially given the BPA instructions about not charging for 'minor keying errors' and the fact they have redacted what presumably might have been a transposition of 2 digits but you are being expected to guess rather than being shown your 'close-match' VRN data to understand the allegation!

Keep emailing the DPO at Britannia, don't sit back.

Tell them they must cancel this and appear to have ignored the BPA's policy on keypad errors where the VRN is clearly identifiable as only one vehicle.

Also this is a lie:
    they've just replied saying they are legally bound to ignore me and just enforce what POPLA has decided.
    They are never legally bound to 'enforce' a POPLA decision, which means nothing at all to a court of law.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • darkwarrior
    darkwarrior Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the info guys, gonna e-mail their DPO now. Is there any reason to contact my MP if this thing has become law?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for all the info guys, gonna e-mail their DPO now. Is there any reason to contact my MP if this thing has become law?

Most certainly, as the actual Code of Practice has yet to be drafted which this law will underpin. The more MPs understand the scale of the problem the more likely they might be in influencing a much tougher CoP.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And because the MP might lend their weight with a written complaint, in support.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    Thanks guys, emailed him as well. Britannia just sent through a Final Reminder threatening debt recovery agents now so guess I'm in for the long haul.
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    Thanks guys, emailed him as well. Britannia just sent through a Final Reminder threatening debt recovery agents now so guess I'm in for the long haul.

Safe to ignore. It's the Letter before Court action that is next on the list to respond to. But you have to gain info from the DPO in the meantime. Absolutely insist on all full registrations being revealed for the time you were logged as paying to park, and a full explanation of why this isn't possible if you get a knock back.
    It's the key to resolving it.
  • darkwarrior
    Options
    So I've received a letter from BWLegal. It doesn't say "Letter before Court Action" but does say that if no payment/explanation given within 14 days they'll ask Britannia for permission to commence legal proceedings.

I've sent an e-mail to BWLegal saying that I am awaiting Data Protection information per the big original post. Should I do anything else at this point?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That letter is not a Letter of Claim.

It is just a debt chasing letter and could've been ignored. The clue is only offering fourteen days for a response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure