WARNING: wisedriving igo4 - wise driving review igo4 review insurance

Options
12346»

Comments

• Sat_Sandhu
    Options
    Disgusting service. My 19 year old had a policy with them March 2018, he had a car crash and they deemed the car a write off in November 2018 they paid him out. He tried to cancel the policy in December 2018 after being paid out, they have a recording of the call they told him they couldn’t as there was another driver involved and his claim wasn’t settled. Fair enough. Looked at my credit card statement this month April 2019 they have taken out a renewal for £3600 for a car they wrote off. We rang them thinking they would correct their mistake they said it was our mistake for not notifying them the car was written off and will charge is up to the date we rang them. Apparently the underwriter does not communicate with the broker!! Well that’s bad practice we shouldn’t have to pay for!! We are being charged for insuring a car that we do not have and they should no. Steer clear pay the little bit extra and go to a reputable company.
  • Jumblebumble
    Jumblebumble Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sat_Sandhu wrote: »
    Disgusting service. My 19 year old had a policy with them March 2018, he had a car crash and they deemed the car a write off in November 2018 they paid him out. He tried to cancel the policy in December 2018 after being paid out, they have a recording of the call they told him they couldn’t as there was another driver involved and his claim wasn’t settled. Fair enough. Looked at my credit card statement this month April 2019 they have taken out a renewal for £3600 for a car they wrote off. We rang them thinking they would correct their mistake they said it was our mistake for not notifying them the car was written off and will charge is up to the date we rang them. Apparently the underwriter does not communicate with the broker!! Well that’s bad practice we shouldn’t have to pay for!! We are being charged for insuring a car that we do not have and they should no. Steer clear pay the little bit extra and go to a reputable company.
    Are you telling us that igo4 paid out on a car as write off and then claim they did not know that they had done so? Why would they expect you to tell them?
    Do you have this is writing?
    If this is correct simply dispute the credit card payment and ask for chargeback

I once had a otherwise sensible company contact me about a reference for a chap who had done a six month work trial and was wanting a full time job
    One of the questions was " Does he turn up to work on time"
    I wnated to reply that I did not have the faintest idea of what he had done for the previous six months but wondered why they did not know
  • bakergb
    Options
    My policy was cancelled because I don't drive my car often enough. I received a notice while out of the country that my policy would be cancelled if I did not drive it by the 19th. I notified customer service that I was out of the country, and this was not possible. I was informed quite rudely that I am required to drive my car on a weekly basis. I explained that this is not practical for me because I am often out of the country for longer than a week at a time. There are no conditions in my policy that require a minimum level of driving frequency.
    I notified the complaints department, who informed me they would look into it. The next contact I received was a cancellation notice and a £75 cancellation fee!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure