Song finder

Hello again.

I had a song on an old tape recorder which I never knew the title but know most of the words. Unfortunately the machine was thrown away many years ago but this one record has alluded me for years since the late 60s.

I have sent the lyrics to many knowledgeable music people but none can identify it. It wasn't a hit but just some random song by some group unknown to me recorded from Radio Luxembourg. I believe it to be late 60s early 70s.

Are there any sites that allow you to sing the song in a hope the song gets recognised, or if anyone knows a music mastermind I'd be most grateful.

Comments

• Have you tried googling the lyrics or typing them into youtube?
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,649
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't know the answer but perhaps you could post the lyrics here and someone might be able to identify it.
  • Thank you for your replies.

Yes, I have typed the lyrics into Google but without any luck..

Hopefully I will eventually find it.

Kind regards Jeff.
  • Why wouldn't you post the lyrics here, even after being prompted? That's like saying you have a map showing the location Eldorado's and having difficulty reading it, then not posting the actual map.
    If I ruled the world.......
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,894
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The lyrics are clearly not suitable for public consumption.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • SPOWER
    SPOWER Posts: 283
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi. I have an APP on my phone. Shazam is the name. You play a song and then Shazam can tell you what it is called. I even tried it with HOLD music and it worked.
  • SPOWER wrote: »
    Hi. I have an APP on my phone. Shazam is the name. You play a song and then Shazam can tell you what it is called. I even tried it with HOLD music and it worked.

Wouldn't Shazam only work if you have the actual recording to play it?
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Internet radio station The Oldies Project plays more obscure songs that were released in the 60s & early 70s & played on Pirate/non-BBC stations

They've got playlists for this month so many years ago and songs from the Big L fab 40 -

http://www.oldiesproject.com/wp/

I listen to several internet oldies stations & they tend to focus more on songs from Radio London, Veronica or Caroline playlists than Radio Luxenburg but you could try listening to OldiesProject, Big L international, Oldies Paradise, Radio Caroline Flashback, or the main Radio Caroline or asking if anyone recognises the lyrics you remember on their facebook groups.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • You don't need a separate app. Google Android had music finder built in for years. Just open Google
    SPOWER wrote: »
    If I ruled the world.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport