Beware offers at a certain chain of shops

Options
Quite close to us, a branch of Best One has recently sprung up. We have a Tesco local which we sometimes use, but thought we would give this one a look as some of the offers plastered to the window seem OK.
However, when attempting to purchase the special offers (multi buy items), on the last three occasions, the same assistant has tried to charge us full price, and then been very reluctant to sell us the goods at the advertised price.
Has anyone else experienced this from the same retailer?

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never heard of them. Are they a regional thing?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have fairly low expectations of all the convenience store chains. Hardly ever use them.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    I have fairly low expectations of all the convenience store chains. Hardly ever use them.
    They do serve a purpose though; for those physically unable to travel longer distances, and those that CBA to.

And in the process, doing the rest of us a favour by not being crowded out by the supermarket giants.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get last minute bits and bobs delivered by robot. App on phone and a £1 charge. They're really funny to watch too - lots of Mexican stand offs as they wait to cross roads and cars stop for them, though they won't cross unless the car is a long way from the crossing point. Current choices are limited to Co-Op and Tesco, but I have heard that Amazon are looking at using them too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46045365
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport