Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 16
    • luci
    • By luci 15th Jun 19, 2:57 PM
    • 5,842 Posts
    • 4,606 Thanks
    luci
    I asked this before, but I forgot the answer

I cant use Photobucket for uploading photos, so when it comes to building my trip report, where can I upload photos too ?
    cheers
    Originally posted by StuieUK34
    Another vote for Imgur here. I keep getting email from Photobucket that I have gone over my allowance but I haven't been on the site for years. I need to get my butt in order and copy or download what little is on there before they stop access, if they haven't already.
    • luci
    • By luci 15th Jun 19, 3:00 PM
    • 5,842 Posts
    • 4,606 Thanks
    luci
    Word is that the SLS is rebranding ............... possibly back to the Sahara, although I haven't checked.

The smell of cannabis is overpowering, not only on the strip, but I even smelt it in the restrooms at the North Outlets. The strip and Downtown seem to be a lot tackier this year.
    • gt568
    • By gt568 15th Jun 19, 6:25 PM
    • 1,750 Posts
    • 2,989 Thanks
    gt568

The smell of cannabis is overpowering, not only on the strip,
    Originally posted by luci

A lot of people seem to be saying this, but I can't say I smelt it at all in October last year....
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 15th Jun 19, 8:25 PM
    • 1,328 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    secretmachines
    A lot of people seem to be saying this, but I can't say I smelt it at all in October last year....
    Originally posted by gt568
    same here, can't say i noticed it all - in fact the only time was once when walking past a hotel room!

and I don't smoke, so it's not like I'm used to it
    • StuieUK34
    • By StuieUK34 15th Jun 19, 10:02 PM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 942 Thanks
    StuieUK34
    all True what Luci says....
    Smell of weed is vast all over, sometimes the smell hits you in the hotel walkways (room level)..
    Smell on the strip is ripe, and yes, in both north/south outlets, you get waft's......

Dont smell strong enough to get a free high though !
    It does de-value the location though, as i had the distant thoughts of walking through crack alley (ok, an overstatement)...

I saw a few guys smoking joints on the strip, oh well, must be the norm now maybe?
    • stoneman
    • By stoneman 15th Jun 19, 11:07 PM
    • 4,300 Posts
    • 3,237 Thanks
    stoneman
    Smell of weed is vast all over, sometimes the smell hits you in the hotel walkways (room level)..
    Smell on the strip is ripe, and yes, in both north/south outlets, you get waft's......

It does de-value the location though, as i had the distant thoughts of walking through crack alley (ok, an overstatement)...

I saw a few guys smoking joints on the strip, oh well, must be the norm now maybe?
    Devalue the location? That happened when the mob left and dress standards went out the window.
    But what is your reaction if you saw someone slugging a drink on the strip, or the constant lolling about drunk everywhere you turn.

Not having a pop at you mate at all, but you do realize that alcoholism is a bigger cost in lives ruined than cigarettes or pot, but we seem to accept it as "the norm".
    Last edited by stoneman; 15-06-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 16th Jun 19, 11:47 AM
    • 4,582 Posts
    • 15,274 Thanks
    dontone

I don't think it devalues the location. That honour goes to the ones who tout themselves for photos wearing nothing but duct tape over their norks and private bits (and that's just some of the men)
    Admittedly, I don't like the smell of the herbal tobacco, or ordinary ciggies, but it can't be any worse than people staggering up and down those giant plastic glasses filled full of margarita.
    I think the place can do without both tbh. But, it's just how it is now.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • StuieUK34
    • By StuieUK34 16th Jun 19, 1:39 PM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 942 Thanks
    StuieUK34
    as i said, overstatement... (my own choice of wording as such)

good point about the alcohol, as you said, i guess it becomes the norm (hence me saying weed becomes the norm)

On that note, we used to see lots of peeps with those big plastic bottles walking up and down the strip, along with lots of guys with big beer cans...
    Strangely, didnt see many of that this time, we hit up some walks on the strip at least 9 days of our trip.

Personally, it doesnt bother me any of it.
    As for the Duct tape, that blows away my idea of making some money if i lose it all again when i go back in 4 months !
    • Pedrobandito
    • By Pedrobandito 17th Jun 19, 12:04 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Pedrobandito
    Originally posted by gt568
    There was a noticeable smell on the strip when I was there in October 2017 but nothing that really bothered me.
    One of our groups rooms was on a different floor to the others and there was a really strong smell in that corridor, so much so that they waived the resort fee on checkout
    • StuieUK34
    • By StuieUK34 19th Jun 19, 12:03 AM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 942 Thanks
    StuieUK34
    TEST Print....
    wrote trip report, needs an edit with pictures linked... will report tomorrow... (admin, ok to delete this post)
    Last edited by StuieUK34; Today at 12:04 AM. Reason: ok to delete, testing max text
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,589Posts Today

8,540Users online

Martin's Twitter