eBay, auctions , car boot and jumble sales sticky threads

2»

Comments

• thank yoy for informtion
  • [FONT=&quot]this is company let pore auction houses like
    Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam

sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after imposable to get any money back, i did lost about £3000 and the-saleroom dont help me with nothing[/FONT]
  • Thanks for the great advice
  • Looking for advice, what are my rights as a customer.
    Bought items off eBay.  Had email and notifications via eBay to say my parcel had been delivered.  I waited as this message was at 6:45am but my parcel never arrived.  Weeks later still waiting.
    I contacted the seller to say I've not received the parcel but they are adamant I have, as the tracking says so.  I have repeated said the tracking is wrong and asked them to make a claim but they refuse.  I raised a case with eBay but they found in the sellers favour as the tracking says delivered.  The parcel was sent 48 hour tracked but obviously with this there is no signature to prove delivery.
    I have contacted the Post Office myself and they agree the parcel must be lost, but say that the seller has to raise the case.  But so far the seller refuses to raise a case and wont give a refund.
    Please help, what are my rights here? What can I do now?
  • sasparillo2
    sasparillo2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 March 2020 at 11:26PM
    I bought an iphone 8 from a named person and limited company on Ebay. I have bought on Ebay before plenty of times and only once before had a problem when I got my money back.
    I was happy to order from this seller with a 94% positive feedback and he gave a two year warranty. 
    I received the phone on Feb 12th and in the past few days have  been trying to use it. However although the phone seemed fine at first, it then goes  into an apple logo loop.
    I've tried to put it back to factory settings but the same problem occurred. So I requested a return citing it as a defective phone. The seller has declined the return today.
    I phoned up Ebay but the phones are not being manned. I cannot find a link on  the purchase in My Ebay for Ebay to intervene on the purchase. I have sent a message to the seller through Ebay (he does give a mobile number but that is on voicemail) with same information that it goes into an apple logo loop and is defective.
    I paid by Paypal/credit card. Unfortunately in these times, the local phone repair shop is closed or I would have taken it in to have it confirmed as a hardware fault but I have followed internet instructions re a possible software glitch and the same thing happens. Nevertheless because the apple log loop does not happen straight away but after a few hours use, I don't want to have a rigmarole over that.
    Can anyone suggest what I should do - in other words, a logical way of proceeding now the seller has declined a return?
    PS To top it all I am a fairly regular poster under the name sasparillo and got a new password early in March. But the password didn't work today and when I asked to reset the password , the expected email has never arrived (I tried several times!) and I have created a new account. 
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You don't have to phone ebay you can make a complaint online with them as it is  faulty and get your money back under their guarantee
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Please note this is not a chat thread, posts made on here will probably not be seen and therefore are unlikely to be responded to. Please start a new thread on the forum by going to the red 'new thread' button near top under the board name. Thank you
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ref Recommending EBay 

Current status is that they actually allow sales of USED body lotions. Surely during a pandemic, last thing that people should be using is SKIN CONTACT ITEMS which have been used by somebody else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure