VW Emissions Claim

Comments

• raydun
    raydun Posts: 15 Forumite
    motorguy wrote: »
    I'm sure as you're no doubt genuinely aggrieved and have suffered significant material loses you will want to push on with your claim to be compensated?

Thankfully not everyone on this forum is as sarcastic as you so no I won't be responding to you as I choose to ignore people like you. Thanks again to those who have helped by offering advice I appreciate it.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm sure as you're no doubt genuinely aggrieved and have suffered significant material loses you will want to push on with your claim to be compensated?

Well, if fuel consumption has been higher than it was claimed to be in this obvious case of fraud and deceit, of course he has.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    My Audi still gave same mpg after being "fixed" I also had no trouble selling it for good money. I cant see what there is to gain in a lawsuit. But plenty to lose to lawyers
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 April 2019 at 12:28PM
    raydun wrote: »
    Thankfully not everyone on this forum is as sarcastic as you so no I won't be responding to you as I choose to ignore people like you. Thanks again to those who have helped by offering advice I appreciate it.

Yeah, thats totally the reason you didnt answer... ;)

Whilst it may have been posed in a sarcastic tone it was a valid question - IF you have genuinely suffered significant material loss or stress because of it, then i would have thought spending the money would be worth it, would it not?
  • motorguy
    Well, if fuel consumption has been higher than it was claimed to be in this obvious case of fraud and deceit, of course he has.

You're confusing claims around fuel consumption with emissions levels.

However real world fuel consumption is easily sourced from the likes of the Honest John site anyway and all manufacturers "claims" with regards to economy should be taken with a big pinch of salt.
  • motorguy
    CEON44 wrote: »
    My Audi still gave same mpg after being "fixed" I also had no trouble selling it for good money. I cant see what there is to gain in a lawsuit. But plenty to lose to lawyers

+1

Totally my experience / view.

Never saw any dip in retail prices or trade prices either.
  • qwert_yuiop
    You're confusing claims around fuel consumption with emissions levels.

However real world fuel consumption is easily sourced from the likes of the Honest John site anyway and all manufacturers "claims" with regards to economy should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

No confusion. Tests after the software update showed increased fuel consumption. The tests were flawed, said Volkswagen, surprising nobody at all.
    German politician Olaf Lies had a fair bit to say about it. Great name.
  • raydun
    raydun Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2019 at 5:28PM
    No confusion. Tests after the software update showed increased fuel consumption. The tests were flawed, said Volkswagen, surprising nobody at all.
    German politician Olaf Lies had a fair bit to say about it. Great name.

Exactly, a simple google search shows countless numbers of independent sources all stating that their tests showed that fuel consumption has increased after the fix.

Also a lot of owners have suffered in other ways, quote :
    Harcus Sinclair says its survey found that 53%, or 2,706 drivers, had reported reduced fuel efficiency following the “fix”. More than 40% suffered reduced power and acceleration, while 739 reported a sudden loss of power as the car went into “limp home” mode.

I don't feel I have to justify myself to anyone who was accusing me in an earlier post of being a claims jumper (the post has mysteriously disappeared or has been edited I notice).

I feel totally justified in making a claim like many thousands of other VW owners.

I came on the forum to seek advice regarding costs to try to ensure that any potential costs would not outweigh any potential compensation as I have never had any experience of making a claim before.

I was seeking expert guidance from anyone who had any experience of these matters and had anything useful to add and thankfully many of you have helped so thanks again for that.
  • motorguy
    edited 9 April 2019 at 8:00PM
    raydun wrote: »
    Exactly, a simple google search shows countless numbers of independent sources all stating that their tests showed that fuel consumption has increased after the fix.

Also a lot of owners have suffered in other ways, quote :
    Harcus Sinclair says its survey found that 53%, or 2,706 drivers, had reported reduced fuel efficiency following the “fix”. More than 40% suffered reduced power and acceleration, while 739 reported a sudden loss of power as the car went into “limp home” mode.

I don't feel I have to justify myself to anyone who was accusing me in an earlier post of being a claims jumper (the post has mysteriously disappeared or has been edited I notice).

I feel totally justified in making a claim like many thousands of other VW owners.

I came on the forum to seek advice regarding costs to try to ensure that any potential costs would not outweigh any potential compensation as I have never had any experience of making a claim before.

I was seeking expert guidance from anyone who had any experience of these matters and had anything useful to add and thankfully many of you have helped so thanks again for that.

You feel justified, but cant provide any justification? Odd...

I didnt accuse anyone of being a claims jumper - i suggested that was may be the reason why you hadnt responded. I reworded my post and the subsequent line no longer was appropriate so i edited it out.

Again, you're dancing around the direct question of what material loss you personally suffered by quoting what other people say they have suffered and quoting direct from news articles you've googled, NOT what the impact has been on you.

Oh and the "Harcus Sinclair" you quoted there is involved in the class action lawsuit against VW so hardly an "independent survey". In fact their "questionnaire" was part of their onboarding of people as claimants

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75383287

Anyways - I was curious as to what material loses looked like to someone affected, but clearly you cant / wont for whatever reason tell us, so i'm out.
  • qwert_yuiop
    What’s a claims jumper, exactly? Some form of cold weather attire related to losing material?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport