Weezl and friends Phase 3 - sitting pretty with Kitty

Options

Comments

• weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Allegra wrote: »
    They are absolutely delightful. I have not managed to freeze any yet as DD likes them so much !

You might find them a bit denser (not as airy and fluffy) than the shop-bought ones - if you are scared of not liking them and don't want to risk 2kg of flour, just halve or quarter the batch, or bake part of the dough as bread and just do some of it as doughnuts.
    good idea allegra :)

if anyone is halving the batch do make sure you still use 10g yeast :)

cluck cluck mother hen :o

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • weezl74
    Options
    hayley, jenny arty, allegra...

will you try sampling the meals on similar days for sharing the experience or is that too tricky to coordinate?

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • artybear
    artybear Posts: 978 Forumite
    Options
    If people give me a rough idea of the days then I could probably co-ordinate!
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • Sian_the_Green
    Options
    Amazing new part to the site, well done Weezl, Weezl's Dad, Allegra, Lesley, everyone else involved.
    It looks incredibly professional and the layout is fab.

Maybe Arty could eat your tomato pudding Allegra and Arty, you could send Allegra your fritters... If you lived next door you could do it, maybe you could do a swap at the meet in London, surrepticious tupperware swapping on a bench in Hyde park.

So, you guys pretty much rock :)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • weezl74
    Options
    Amazing new part to the site, well done Weezl, Weezl's Dad, Allegra, Lesley, everyone else involved.
    It looks incredibly professional and the layout is fab.

:)

thanks sian :)

didn't know if you fancied trying anything?-no pressure obviously! :D

• Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    hayley, jenny arty, allegra...

will you try sampling the meals on similar days for sharing the experience or is that too tricky to coordinate?

It would be good if we could - I can't promise I'll be able to do them all on the same days though, but up for trying.

Breakfasts and lunches I'll try and follow Kitty to the letter - I'll root out the list of the 15 dinners and then people can tell me which ones they fancy and when they can fit it in ?

Is 9th August good start date for all or do you need more time to organise yourselves and slot these dinners in ?
  • Sian_the_Green
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    thanks sian :)

didn't know if you fancied trying anything?-no pressure obviously! :D

It all looks tasty to me though I think the bean burgers grab my eye. The red pepper pasta also sounds yummy. Is there anything which has had fewer tests that I could look at?
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • Allegra
    Options
    So, dear fellow testers, which of the following dishes do you fancy trying out in the week starting 09/08 ? Kitty would have the top 7 in her first week, and the weekly shopping list reflects that, so it'd probably be good if we stuck to the dishes from that lot to start with - but clearly, Arty won't be haiving sweetcorn fritters. Or bean curry ;)

1. Pasta Funghi
    2. Panzanella
    3. Bean curry
    4. Sweetcorn fritters
    5. Shepherdess pie
    6. Calzone
    7. Tomato and olive pie
    8. Pea risotto
    9. Veggie burgers
    10. Saag aloo
    11. Nut roast
    12. Red pepper pasta
    13. Moroccan rice
    14. BNS risotto
    15. Onion tart
  • artybear
    artybear Posts: 978 Forumite
    Options
    In the first week im happy to try Pasta Fungi, panzenella, calzone, sherpedless pie, tomato and olive pie, veggie burgers, saag aloo, nut roast, red pepper pasta, moroccan rice, bns risotto (but have done that before) and onion tart.

However I havent quite mentioned this to mr arty yet lol so i dont think i can do every meal every night lol
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • Allegra
    edited 5 August 2010 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Okay. Shall we do pasta funghi, panzanella and shepherdess pie in the first week ? Dates to be fitted in as suits, if we can manage same nights all well and good, if not, at least we'll be roughly on the same page :)

Jenny, Hayley, Sian, HG and anyone else who is considering joining in, no matter on how part-time a basis, how do you feel about the three meals above, and would you want to test them some time next week ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure