Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • live'n'learn
    • By live'n'learn 19th Jun 19, 7:14 PM
    • 402Posts
    • 222Thanks
    live'n'learn
    PIP and divorce
    • 19th Jun 19, 7:14 PM
    PIP and divorce 19th Jun 19 at 7:14 PM
    Hi guys,

I was not sure if I should post this or not. I am separated from my wife now for neatly 3 years and from the start we both agreed on how much I should give to her and my daughter every month and I have kept my word.

My question is would my wife be entitled to any of my PIP disability money with the divorce?

I have a motability car at the moment but thinking of not having it for a while so I can try to be better of financially

I am just concerned the money I will save nor having the car my wife might want even though I have been more than fair with her.

Thanks in advance.

John
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 19th Jun 19, 10:22 PM
    • 5,440 Posts
    • 5,037 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 19th Jun 19, 10:22 PM
    • 19th Jun 19, 10:22 PM
    Hi guys,

I was not sure if I should post this or not. I am separated from my wife now for neatly 3 years and from the start we both agreed on how much I should give to her and my daughter every month and I have kept my word.

My question is would my wife be entitled to any of my PIP disability money with the divorce?

I have a motability car at the moment but thinking of not having it for a while so I can try to be better of financially

I am just concerned the money I will save nor having the car my wife might want even though I have been more than fair with her.

Thanks in advance.

John
    Originally posted by live'n'learn
    That PIP award is yours to help with the extra cost of having a disability, it's not your wife's money and never will be.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

526Posts Today

5,649Users online

Martin's Twitter