Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 5:31 PM
    • 14,023Posts
    • 47,508Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 5:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 5:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 7:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund 168
    Reminder: summer is about making money
Page 2
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Mar 15, 7:43 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Dearest Upsidedown Bear, we have only just met but I love your signature and darn you do have jolly good taste in men!

I hope we don't upset anyone if we do this? Just in case the good man finds out despite any concerns he may have we are perfectly sane and we will be more motivated to save and post if he is visible.

Darn it I can't get a picture to appear. Madam Upsidedown Bear can you oblige?
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 3rd Mar 15, 7:52 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Just posting this to encourage savingwannabe to save lots of money

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Mar 15, 7:54 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    lol I am inspired, shaken and stirred and feeling distinctly impencunious!
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-03-2015 at 7:56 PM.
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 3rd Mar 15, 8:10 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    lol I am inspired, shaken and stirred and feeling distinctly impencunious!
    Originally posted by savingwannabe

I am Queen Threadbear of this thread in the Arms:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5181314

It's a bit silly and a lot of fun

The idea is for people to post in alphabetical order by their username so you would be S.
    Wherever posts first wins that round (we are on Part 37) and gets awarded dancing letters by me
    We do an awful lot of chatting and posting pictures while waiting for the next letter. Do come and say hello sometime

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Mar 15, 4:47 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless you Upsidedown Bear, I will check it all out!

I have been out to an event with my friends and just arrived home. I spent 12.00 on food but had a good time. ( I used to spend far more).

I applied for a Halifax account (where they pay you 125 and then, 5 a month) on Wednesday of this week. This morning just as I was leaving all my paperwork arrived. I haven't read any of it yet as I have literally walked in through the door but I am impressed at the speed of it all!

I am going to rest for the remainder of the day. Weather was beautiful today and not too chilly.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 07-03-2015 at 5:25 PM.
    Christmas Fund 168
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Mar 15, 8:02 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Just posting good news - my 2nd fleabay auction finishes tomorrow and the item will definitely sell. So far I have made 18.99 - hurrah!
    This is worthy of a posting of my hero.

Can someone nice tell me why my amazing pictures don't paste in. I have clicked insert picture and typed the Daniel Craig http link address but all I get is a black box with an x in it!
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 08-03-2015 at 8:07 PM. Reason: to ask question
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 8th Mar 15, 8:12 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Sounds like your link address is wrong somehow.
    Does it appear when you preview your post?

Can you see this one?

Yay to selling more things

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Mar 15, 8:18 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Omg Upsidedown Bear, utterly delicious!!!! I am not sure but I haven't added managed a link since I rejoined.

I went to your thread but X had to post. I will pop on again and will try to find a moving cartoon as they look entertaining. Hurrah for MSE!

Off to bedski as I am up at 6 for work!

Goodnight pet.

Ps Do you live in the south of England ? (as I would love to arrange a meet in the summer hols) Don't worry if you don't want to but it would be nice as you are lovely.

Steve, HantsinDebt and 3Dogs and also Aesop and I have all met and are friends. Well they are my family now. Poor them!
    Christmas Fund 168
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Mar 15, 8:21 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I love Daniel Craig!

Now off to the Land of Nod.Goodnight.
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 8th Mar 15, 8:48 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Do say hello on the Alphabet thread anytime you want. You don't need to wait to be S

Goodnight and dream of Daniel

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Mar 15, 5:54 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Will do, they all look very advanced. I know beanilou and also Nargleblast but they all look v friendly. I will try to post.
    Christmas Fund 168
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 14th Mar 15, 1:02 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I was supposed to go to a meal out with work colleagues last night but I backed out at the last minute. I ate as soon as I arrived home as I was starving and then thought it wasn't going to be worth paying taxi fare there and back for a drink when I could have a much more satisfying time at home in front of telly!!!!

I wonder how much I have paid for meals out that I haven't really enjoyed. We put so much pressure on ourselves to do this and then I used to wonder why I was broke with nothing to show for it!

I am chilling and will do some ironing in a bit. Only 2 weeks till payday.

Hurrah!!!!
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 14th Mar 15, 5:26 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Well, if you're not going to go out to eat again that leaves plenty of cake for the rest of us

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Mar 15, 7:03 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Who's that with Mr Bond? I don't recognise him. I would love some cake though I can't as I am on a diet!!!

No money spent this weekend but I have just made a bid on two items on ebay. One is ten pounds and one is 99p. I will not bid any higher as i can't afford any more. I have until Tuesday and Wednesday for the auctions to finish. They are jumpers at bargain prices and would be perfect for winter for the next few years. I can justify it as an investment. Steve and Andy said I was wasting money but I don't think so.

On a positive front I did 3 hours of paid overtime this week which I should get in the summer hols. I haven't bought anything except tea or diet coke at work so I spent under 10 at work. I am going to try not to spend this week to make up for my ebaying.

I will not buy anything else on ebay this month. One thing a month is ok. Realistically I will probably be outbid anyway.

Hey ho, only two weeks and two days till payday.
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 15th Mar 15, 10:48 PM
    • 23,875 Posts
    • 155,566 Thanks
    Aesop
    Just posting good news - my 2nd fleabay auction finishes tomorrow and the item will definitely sell. So far I have made 18.99 - hurrah!

Can someone nice tell me why my amazing pictures don't paste in. I have clicked insert picture and typed the Daniel Craig http link address but all I get is a black box with an x in it!

[IMG] http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com /[/IMG][IMG] http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/ [/IMG][IMG] http://www.popsugar.co.uk/images/Daniel-Craig [/IMG]

this is why your pic wouldn't post SW - you have mse in your link?

ahhh and too many pics to choose from!

Last edited by Aesop; 15-03-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    Make upto 10 a day - January 2019 17.00

Make upto 10 a day - best thread ever.
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 15th Mar 15, 10:58 PM
    • 23,875 Posts
    • 155,566 Thanks
    Aesop
    well done on selling stuff on ebay but really ordering jumps for winter next year?

well done on your savings. you can do it. you need to think about doing some really easy survey sites.

you sound like you are really embracing this challenge, well done.

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 16th Mar 15, 8:23 AM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Who's that with Mr Bond? I don't recognise him. I would love some cake though I can't as I am on a diet!!!
    Don't know I'm afraid

to paid overtime.

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 16th Mar 15, 1:26 PM
    • 23,875 Posts
    • 155,566 Thanks
    Aesop
    Well, if you're not going to go out to eat again that leaves plenty of cake for the rest of us

Originally posted by Upsidedown Bear
    it's Taran Killam
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0453115/

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Mar 15, 6:49 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 47,508 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Aesop bless you for finding out why my pictures wouldn't post. I will try again.

I know I shouldn't have bid but I have a thing for bright colours and these were lovely and such bargain prices.....

I will wear them if I ever meet Daniel Craig.

UpsideDown Bear I keep looking at your thread but I cant post any moving things!

I am going to try to post a picture now on here first. PS had a loooong day at work today. Not paid for most of it either.

I still can't get it to work
    Christmas Fund 168
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 16th Mar 15, 6:53 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    You can say hello without posting pictures
    I will post one of Daniel for you

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,076Posts Today

8,039Users online

Martin's Twitter