Sorting Orange/lowell Debt.

Options
2»

Comments

• murraynt
    murraynt Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I have just received this reply.

Once the discounted balance has been paid, your account will close with a zero balance.

The discount only applies if you keep to the agreed arrangement. If your account is being reported to the credit reference agencies we will mark any default as !!!8220;partially satisfied!!!8221; when paid to show a discount was accepted.

To take up the discount, let me know how you intend to clear the discounted balance, including:

How you!!!8217;ll pay (e.g. in full or in instalments).
    The frequency of payments (weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly).
    The date of your first payment.
    What method of payment you wish to use.
    Your bank account number and sort code (for Direct Debit payments).
    Your name as it appears on your bank account / debit card.

Many of our customers choose to pay by Direct Debit. I can set this up for you if you provide the details outlined above.

I!!!8217;ve put your account on hold for 14 days to allow time for you to get back to us.

If you!!!8217;re worried about your debt you can get free confidential advice from a number of independent organisations including:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes........all looks ok to me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Jaspercullen
    Options
    I also had an old debt from orange from 2012 that was purchased by Lowell. Same circumstances, purchased the contract when I was a student and now want to buy a house ect. I have only started receiving letters in the past 6 months asking for payment.

I got a strange letter today simply saying:

!!!8220;Your account is closed
    We have recently reviewed your account and decided to take no further action to recover the balance.
    The account is now closed.!!!8221;

Should I be worried about this? Part of me thinks they can!!!8217;t be bothered chasing the payment and another part of me thinks they may have sold it on to someone else.

Has anyone had similar?
    Any advice anyone could give would be amazing.

Cheers!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I also had an old debt from orange from 2012 that was purchased by Lowell. Same circumstances, purchased the contract when I was a student and now want to buy a house ect. I have only started receiving letters in the past 6 months asking for payment.

I got a strange letter today simply saying:

!!!8220;Your account is closed
    We have recently reviewed your account and decided to take no further action to recover the balance.
    The account is now closed.!!!8221;

Should I be worried about this? Part of me thinks they can!!!8217;t be bothered chasing the payment and another part of me thinks they may have sold it on to someone else.

Has anyone had similar?
    Any advice anyone could give would be amazing.

Cheers!

Hi,

Some accounts are just deemed to be unrecoverable for various reasons.
    Lowell will own the debt, if they say no further action will be taken, it means they have taken a commercial decision and written the debt off.

Lucky you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • murraynt
    murraynt Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    All sorted now guys. I have had a conformation email from lowell to say i'm debt free. Thanks for all of your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure