US ($) Currency Thread 2

Comments

• whatusername
    whatusername Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys, Great to see the dollar going up. I often check in on this thread however I must say some of it goes over my head lol. I look at the highstreet prices as i do understand that one. Thomas Cook/M&S where 1.45 last night and 1.47 today. Hopefully go up bit more before i travel later in the year. I'm hoping to get my dollars at 1.55+ (from the highstreet) Personal opinions- do you think this is a realistic rate? I'm hoping it is.

Absolutely, the likes of CCE and TMS will give you it now if you pre order and pay in advance.
  • thatsfabulous
    thatsfabulous Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    Thanks:T I got my dollars at $1.92 last year so I will obviously notice the difference this year however compared to the euro rate- $1.55 is good. Fingers crossed!!
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Bondy must be kicking himself the way cable has rallied over the last week but it's a gamble i suppose.
    Yes and no.
    I'm going to spending half the cash i changed this week hopefully and i got over 1.50 so i'm pretty happy. if i'd of bought at the peak today i'd of got about another $250. That's the difference between a 42" and 37" TV for the bedroom :)

I'm disappointed this thread doesn't have a tagline to it. You know, like Die Hard 2 was - "Die hard 2: Die Harder"
    We could have "US Currency thread 2: No drivel" :)
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Hi Guys, Great to see the dollar going up. I often check in on this thread however I must say some of it goes over my head lol. I look at the highstreet prices as i do understand that one. Thomas Cook/M&S where 1.45 last night and 1.47 today. Hopefully go up bit more before i travel later in the year. I'm hoping to get my dollars at 1.55+ (from the highstreet) Personal opinions- do you think this is a realistic rate? I'm hoping it is.
    I posted a link on the old thread that this week looked like it was going to be a rough rate. shows how much the "experts" on dailyfx know.
    The link that IM put on yesterday mentioned the £ hitting $1.73 this year. So I guess it is realistic!
  • whatusername
    whatusername Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I posted a link on the old thread that this week looked like it was going to be a rough rate. shows how much the "experts" on dailyfx know.
    The link that IM put on yesterday mentioned the £ hitting $1.73 this year. So I guess it is realistic!

1.73 would be excellent as i hope to go back to the states at the end of the year also.
  • Keith99
    Keith99 Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    How about: US Currency thread 2 Dollars to the Pound

Did you ever figure out why it jumped at 7.30 this morning?
  • Keith99 wrote: »
    Did you ever figure out why it jumped at 7.30 this morning?

more buyers than sellers :D
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • 16:36 GBP Shines While EM Asia Rests

[15:35 GBP Shines While EM Asia Rests] New York, May 19.

Europe is in, EM Asia is out, and Swiss is out of the park. The stealth intervention by the SNB last week has done its job. Banks are recommending finding a new safe haven currency and custody accounts are dumping CHF in favor of an undervalued GBP. This is despite solid Nestle chocolate sales being and decent valuations in the Swiss banking group. Healthcare exposure may be the index"s undoing.

Thanks to rise in oil and bank stocks, GBP is hitting new highs against many
    of the Asian currencies. GBP/SGD will likely close at new 2009 highs today, GBP/THB will do the same, and GBP/KRW will try to catch up. GBP/JPY has closed over 150 only once this year. It looks like it will try to retake the 150 handle and head up to 152.80.
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • kefrif
    kefrif Posts: 43 Forumite
    Guys, at top of last week I posted that we'd be at $1.55 by friday of last week. My mistake, it took 2 additional trading days.

YAAA-HOOOO!!!!!

Right then - $1.60 by the end of May. Who's in?
  • yes please $1.60 at the end of month...
    looking good :beer:

I just top up my FairFX :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport