Quick PIP Question!

Hi,

If I ask for a review and report my condition has gotten worse.. do they stop your payments until they can reassess you?

Thanks!

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    skye_ wrote: »
    Hi,

If I ask for a review and report my condition has gotten worse.. do they stop your payments until they can reassess you?

Thanks!
    No, they will continue until a decision is made.

Have you had a look at the descriptors to see where you could score those extra points for a higher award? A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll score more points.

Reporting a change of circumstances means they'll send you more forms and another face to face assessment will most likely be needed.

When is your existing award due for renewal?
  • skye_
    skye_ Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 May 2019 at 3:54PM
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    No, they will continue until a decision is made.

Have you had a look at the descriptors to see where you could score those extra points for a higher award? A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll score more points.

Reporting a change of circumstances means they'll send you more forms and another face to face assessment will most likely be needed.

When is your existing award due for renewal?

Yes, I know. I'm all prepared.

Was initially waiting for the review.. have been holding out for a while but I'm sick of waiting tbh. I'm sure my award end is March 2020.
  • poppy12345
    Yes, I know. I'm all prepared.

Was initially waiting for the review.. have been holding out for a while but I'm sick of waiting tbh. I'm sure my review is March 2020.
    You're a braver person than i am. It's a big risk putting in a worsening of condition, You should make sure the evidence you have proves how your conditions affect you against those PIP descriptors.
  • skye_
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You're a braver person than i am. It's a big risk putting in a worsening of condition, You should make sure the evidence you have proves how your conditions affect you against those PIP descriptors.

It does, thank you.

I've obviously read all the pip scare stories but I've only ever had positive experiences with it! Have always got what I wanted on first assessment.
  • skye_
    Sorry, just another quick question lol..

Say I do report the changes and it comes back still standard for both.. I go to MR and then appeals.. do they still pay then or would it stop?

Thanks
  • poppy12345
    Sorry, just another quick question lol..

Say I do report the changes and it comes back still standard for both.. I go to MR and then appeals.. do they still pay then or would it stop?

Thanks
    If you're awarded then you'll received payments while going through the MR/Tribunal process.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure