Thompson & Morgan plants

Just opened my MSE email and saw the discount code offer from T&M. A word of warning -I responded to a newspaper offer from them in February for perennials due for delivery 5/3/2019 an update from them said despatch would be 18/3/2019.
Having registered with the Co I received emails for further great offers.
On 27 Feb I ordered more plants and was given a despatch date of End of March.
On 22 March I put in another order with a same day despatch promise. An update changed this to 5/4/2019.
I am still awaiting any notification that these three orders have been despatched, despite two emails to T&M. The reply to the first was that they would look into my orders and let me know. After the second I got a reply to please not send a query about the same order as it delays their enquiries!!!
I wanted to get these plants in the ground, but now I think I will cancel the orders and any further contact with T&M.

Comments

• I responded to an mse offer with TM for 425 bulbs for £4.95 +p&p in January, it took me seven emails and 5 telephone calls to get delivery, they said they had never received the order even though they took the money from my card the day after ordering, their final excuse was that "this often happens with offer via mse" then 2 days later the order arrives....never again.
  • My orders have now been cancelled. It took 20mins to get through on the phone. That's 20mins of listening to Vivaldi and constant voice messages of what great offers are on the T&M website.
    However, when I did eventually get to speak to someone (Lynne) she was very nice and dealt with the situation in an efficient manner.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I suspect companies like this don't "staff up" to cope with the huge influx of additional orders they'll likely get from partnering with the likes of MSE, so the existing staff get overloaded trying to cope. This will always lead to problems and disgruntled customers.
  • I ordered the hanging basket plants from last week's email. Just received an email from Paypal to say my order has been cancelled and refunded. Nothing from Thompson & Morgan themselves yet.
  • I ordered the hanging basket plants from last week's email. Just received an email from Paypal to say my order has been cancelled and refunded. Nothing from Thompson & Morgan themselves yet.
    Same for me, you'd have thought they'd have contacted you (us) saying the order was cancelled. That means they've been holding my (our) money for a while and then just refunding - probably worth a bit of interest if it involves lots of customers!!!
  • Just checked my account at Thompson & Morgan, and my order is no longer there, just wondering if my other order with them will be honoured? Will have to wait and see if I get a PayPal refund :) Doesn't help the Boss waiting to make up her baskets!!
  • Jeannine
    Jeannine Posts: 342
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Same thing happened to me - got a PayPal refund but no contact from T & M. Would have been nice to have had an explanation from them about it!!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,783
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have an order due to be delivered 'by the end of May'

I have just checked with the order number and it says there is no trace of any order.

I have sent an email to them.
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    I am still waiting for my order placed on 3rd February. Each time I chase they say delivery expected in two weeks. It will soon be time to pick the strawberries, let alone plant them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure