Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    lydriver wrote: »
    just cancelled via live chat, was offered 25% off, that was the best they could offer
    now 35% off for a year showing when I log in to My Sky, hopefully that gets better the longer I leave it

I got offered 50% on the TV package only, not broadband/ line rental.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • lydriver
    lydriver Posts: 264 Forumite
    it's just TV I have, 50% and I'll bite, altho if it stays at 35%....£52 a month is better than £80!
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    I got offered 50% on the TV package only, not broadband/ line rental.

Seems that 50% on TV has expired for me, shame
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • lydriver
    lydriver Posts: 264 Forumite
    when i log in to MySky through the skybox it offers 35% off, with a countdown timer for 31 days (until sub ends) so looks like 35% will be the max for me
    tempted to leave it until after the 31 days when it's stopped then see what's offered
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What "daily problems" ?

Unfortunately having to unplug and do a restart every few days on both Humax 1100s boxes. Frozen screens and just the small preview window even when you select that channel are a regular problem. Tried total reset on both boxes but makes no difference. We even end up with a small viewing area ( not 16.9) even though we have a full HD (new) tv
    We have a sound bar and after resetting freesat now find that we have to adjust the sound whenever we change between HD and standard, can be a real pain when you get blasted out of your seats. Most of the problems, I'm sure, can be solved but we never had all these problems with Sky, who I incidentally think are rip off merchants.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    nickcc wrote: »
    Unfortunately having to unplug and do a restart every few days on both Humax 1100s boxes. Frozen screens and just the small preview window even when you select that channel are a regular problem. Tried total reset on both boxes but makes no difference. We even end up with a small viewing area ( not 16.9) even though we have a full HD (new) tv
    We have a sound bar and after resetting freesat now find that we have to adjust the sound whenever we change between HD and standard, can be a real pain when you get blasted out of your seats. Most of the problems, I'm sure, can be solved but we never had all these problems with Sky, who I incidentally think are rip off merchants.

We have two Humax boxes , but only use one at the moment as we have Sky, but problems needing reboot have been very rare. In fact , the box plugged into the upstairs tv has had no problems for two years.

Are your tv and box settings correct ? It's worth looking through them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    nickcc wrote: »
    U We even end up with a small viewing area ( not 16.9) even though we have a full HD (new) tv
    We have a sound bar and after resetting freesat now find that we have to adjust the sound whenever we change between HD and standard, can be a real pain when you get blasted out of your seats. Most of the problems, I'm sure, can be solved
    Indeed, the symptoms sound like a settings problem rather than any actual fault with BOTH machines. Refer to the instruction manual or get in touch with Humax direct
  • drunk1
    drunk1 Posts: 50 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Just cancelled my Sky as it was the 12 months code MSE done last August and was jumping up to £94 a month.

Have cancelled and can't be bothered haggling, so just fired a new order through with a slightly different spelling and have full TV, sports, movies, HD etc £30 a month for 12 months. Getting a £25 prepaid MasterCard and Quidco has tracked at £130. Effectively £17.50 per month if Quidco pays out.
  • csgohan4
    drunk1 wrote: »
    Just cancelled my Sky as it was the 12 months code MSE done last August and was jumping up to £94 a month.

Have cancelled and can't be bothered haggling, so just fired a new order through with a slightly different spelling and have full TV, sports, movies, HD etc £30 a month for 12 months. Getting a £25 prepaid MasterCard and Quidco has tracked at £130. Effectively £17.50 per month if Quidco pays out.

But doesn't the direct debit come from the same account?

also where did you get the new code from?

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • drunk1
    drunk1 Posts: 50 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Got the code from hotukdeals, someone posted it a few days ago.

All other details I've kept the same, only need to change name slightly and ensure a new email address. All my confirmation emails have came through and getting installed Sat 30th.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback