20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Getting rid of all the 'extra' stress sounds like the way to go. You'll hopefully find it easier to deal with the necessities when the overload is gone. Be kind to yourself honey, you're doing fantastically well but looking after you has to be included in the 'necessities' list. (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like the right decision, hope your GP is helpful.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Crystal, Redo, Homegrown0 thank you for all the supportive posts

My GP wasn’t available so I saw someone else. She was not good or empathetic but I got the outcome I went for so I will concentrate on the positive as I now have some time off. I have not asked for a GP certificate to take time off work in over 10 years i usually soldier on. I woke up feeling better knowing there are no demands on me for several days in a row.

I will use the time off to get a plan in place to get back in control. Already I have stopped 2 of the additional jobs I had. Another job stops next week. I will miss the money but I am more important than extra income. One of these roles is voluntary the other 2 are paid. This should help.

I am reminded yet again that exercise isn’t just essential for my physical health it is also essential for my psychological wellbeing so I will use this time to set up routine.

Yesterday after the GP appointment I bought 2 items of new clothing as I am looking very shabby. I will use the next few days to ensure I look less shabby.

DONE
    Washing done and drying outside
    Decorator called for quote

TO DO
    I am hoovering my car out
    Dropping a bagful of unsold car boot sale items to the charity shop
    Buy a garden hose
    Post Office

Have a positive day everyone
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It's awful when you see a doctor and come out feeling that they don't understand/care. I know they're only human and like everyone else probably have a load of !!!! going on behind the scenes that they're having to deal with, but that doesn't really help. (((hugs)))

Please don't be too quick to go back to work, If you need to be off for 2 weeks or 4 weeks allow yourself that time to get yourself feeling much better before you get back into the fray, or you really won't feel the benefit of it, and you need to.

It's good that you're starting to 'look after you'. However you do it, be it exercising, buying new clothes etc, just remember that you're worth it. Take this time to regroup yourself and just enjoy the changes you're making to your life. You can do this. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • doingitanyway
    Chrystal wrote: »
    It's awful when you see a doctor and come out feeling that they don't understand/care. I know they're only human and like everyone else probably have a load of !!!! going on behind the scenes that they're having to deal with, but that doesn't really help. (((hugs)))

Please don't be too quick to go back to work, If you need to be off for 2 weeks or 4 weeks allow yourself that time to get yourself feeling much better before you get back into the fray, or you really won't feel the benefit of it, and you need to.

It's good that you're starting to 'look after you'. However you do it, be it exercising, buying new clothes etc, just remember that you're worth it. Take this time to regroup yourself and just enjoy the changes you're making to your life. You can do this. XX
    Thanks Crystal, it is as if you know me in RL.
    The GP was exactly as you say she did not understand and appeared not to care. I must give away more about myself than I know. I WAS thinking about returning to work before my certificate ends. I already told work I intend to. Thank you for your support :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 20 July 2018 at 9:14PM
    Sometimes you have to take a different path to get a different result.
    I don't take sick leave and never (in this job) have I gone to my GP for a sick certificate. I think it surprised them and my boss texted me today and said she will talk to her boss to see if I can get my 4 day week as soon as possible. Perhaps it will finally happen now?

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Gkad that you got a cert.
    Hope you get your 4 days soon.
    Take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    beanielou wrote: »
    Gkad that you got a cert.
    Hope you get your 4 days soon.
    Take care of you.
    Thank you Beanielou :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • well done for seeking out help when you needed it. just make sure to get rid of the old shabby clothes as, if you're anything like me, if you don't, you'll end up keeping the new ones for best. take care
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    well done for seeking out help when you needed it. just make sure to get rid of the old shabby clothes as, if you're anything like me, if you don't, you'll end up keeping the new ones for best. take care
    Good point. Thanks INOD

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills