CCJ not showing on file

Debt from 2013. Last payment 2013. I live in Scotland debt is statue barred. Or is it because I acknowledged the debt via telephone in 2016?

Anyhow I have been told in 2016 they applied for and was awarded a CCJ. However I never received court papers. Because they sent it to an old address. It was actually my mum's old address not even mine. My mum moved in 2014. Ccj was issued in 2016.

CCJ is not on my credit file. Is this because it was applied for at an address that wasn't actually mine?

I haven't paid a penny since the CCJ was awarded. I don't work and don't own my house. Baliffs aren't allowed to force entry in Scotland. Should I just continue ignoring it until 2022? (6 years after CCJ was awarded).

Comments

• They will send the CCJ to the last known address they have for you.

Credit is linked to a person not an address - if you didn’t update then when you moved then that’s why it was sent there.
  • Mrsdstar
    Mrsdstar Posts: 25 Forumite
    Can i dispute it based on the fact I didn't actually receive the court documents?

My mum moved in 2014. Ccj was granted 2016.

The ccj isn't showing on my credit profile I've searched with equifax experian and noodle.

I think it is because it wasn't actually applied for at my address....but rather my mum's address..
  • welly_59
    welly_59 Posts: 315 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is that address shown as a linked address on your credit file?

Why did they send it there if you have no connection there apart from your mum living there?
  • No you not updating your address isn’t a worthy dispute reason.

The debt is linked to a person not an address
  • Mrsdstar
    That address isn't linked on my credit profile. I was homeless at the time had no other mail going to the house but had told the company claiming to have CCJ that was my mailing address.
  • KoshB5
    KoshB5 Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If it is not showing on any of the CRAs and you've never had any account / electoral roll entry at the address then it is likely that the CRAs haven't matched the CCJ to you. In the UK CRA assign information to people by matching their name, date of birth and address(es), they factor in non exact matching of details to find people.
  • Mrsdstar
    urther development! Company lied and said CCJ was awarded a number of years ago. However it was not showing on my credit profile. I contacted the court who apparently awarded the CCJ who said they indeed did not award a CCJ.!

The last acknowledgement and or payment was over 5 years ago. It is an English company. However I reside in Scotland where the rules of statutue barred is 5 years not 6.!

Company have said they will now be applying for a CCJ. I have sent the Statute barred document and this will be my defense in court.!

Their bold lies and scare tactics are extremely distasteful!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How can you get a CCJ in Scotland?
    There aren't any County Courts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts