Options

Comments

• Changingtimes
    Changingtimes Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 November 2018 at 5:28PM
    Options
    Thought I would post a quick update.
    All creditors contacted, some I heard back from and very nice about things, some not so nice, some agreed 30 days breathing space but while I am trying to do things quickly it's all taking time ( with doing a full time job 7am til 6) and homelife. I have 16 creditors and didn't realise I had so many until I wrote them all down (I am so angry at myself).
    All creditors were paid in OCTOBER, and new bank account set up for November salary.
    I know most of you guys set up an emergency fund - did you open a savings account for this ?
    My 30 days breathing space will run out 1st/2nd week December and I thought great timing right on top of Christmas.
    DMP papers not yet returned to SC as I am still getting all references and balances for them,
    Do you know if creditors would extend 30 day breathing space?
    Ideally, I want to start paying January, after a low key Christmas and perhaps 2 months of saving an emergency fund?
    Thanks in advance for your guidance

*** just worked out one high interest loan I had £3000, already paid over £5000 back and they still say I still owe over £3000. What an absolute idiot I have been. Never again will I get myself in this position again.

Started 2019 with £22,5000 debt - March 2021 Debt free - stick with it people I did and now never felt better
  • Sylvester6
    Options
    Evening all
    We had a letter from PRA stating they had accepted our self managed and said they would our payments to £1 for the next 6 months....then they phoned my hubby every day last week! He answered on Sat morning and the guy on the other end didn't know anything about the previous letter we'd been sent. However hubby put him straight and it was fine apart from him asking if we would be paying from our wages or savings!!!! Not sure if he was trying to trip us up but we definitely have no savings!

Anyway on Saturday we also received letters from Link on our 3 accounts with them stating that they would like to discuss our recent offer and would we ring them. I just wanted some advice as I am not sure what to do next. Do we email, write to them or ring them. I'm not adverse to speaking to creditors but I don't want to get into detail over the phone. Please can someone advise.
    I have so much going on at the moment personally with work and being a carer for my father who has dementia that I haven't got the headspace to be anxious about it but it is on my mind!!! Thank you x
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sylvester6 wrote: »
    Evening all
    We had a letter from PRA stating they had accepted our self managed and said they would our payments to £1 for the next 6 months....then they phoned my hubby every day last week! He answered on Sat morning and the guy on the other end didn't know anything about the previous letter we'd been sent. However hubby put him straight and it was fine apart from him asking if we would be paying from our wages or savings!!!! Not sure if he was trying to trip us up but we definitely have no savings!

Anyway on Saturday we also received letters from Link on our 3 accounts with them stating that they would like to discuss our recent offer and would we ring them. I just wanted some advice as I am not sure what to do next. Do we email, write to them or ring them. I'm not adverse to speaking to creditors but I don't want to get into detail over the phone. Please can someone advise.
    I have so much going on at the moment personally with work and being a carer for my father who has dementia that I haven't got the headspace to be anxious about it but it is on my mind!!! Thank you x

Just write to them all and state that all communication regarding the account{s} must be in writing and that you do not give them permission to contact you by phone. If you are okay with them contacting you by email I suggest you set up an email address just for use with your debts. You can write and advise you are happy to receive communication via email, give the email address and confirm it is a private email address and only you have access to it.
    Also advise them you will always respond promptly to any communication.

They have to honour this request and should only contact you by phone again if you fail to respond to their communications.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Sylvester6
    Options
    Thanks January, I think I will set up an email address and correspond that way. I'm a bit too impatient to wait for letters as I want to know what's going on so email would be better. Thanks again x
  • Lmrcpr
    Lmrcpr Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I'm trying to sort out an emergency fund, do most of you just have it in your normal bank account?
  • Moveslikeagger
    Options
    I have put it in the new current account I have opened. I cheekily withdraw some money on my credit cards too just to build it up a bit more before sending my letters!
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi Puzz,

Hope your well, creation still a total pain i see, at least the sun is shining !!

Hi Sourcrates,

Still plodding along with my dmp... Had a bit of luck with a couple of UE CCA's but my debt total doesn't really change much month to month as I am shelling out large quantities of cash with my daughter at Uni... currently studying in the USA...!! Not cheap....! I have had my first f & f offer but I'm not really in the position at the moment to take it up.. maybe in 2020....:rotfl:

All my creditors have been fab and although Creation/DCA won't default all my others will fall off my credit report over the next few years so I don't really worry about them now.. although I would like to get rid of them first with a f & f, when I've stopped buying Trump Towers...!

Hope all good with you.
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You may recall that I posted my F&F offers recently. Result, of sorts, in that I've received 3 letters today in response:j

2 ask me for updated I&Es before they can consider my offers. They've not dismissed them out of hand so maybe a good sign:think:

Is this the usual practice? I've been on token £1 a month payments for well over a year so imagine that they'd need an updated view of what my financial situation is anyway by now.

The 3rd letter, from my biggest creditor, has asked me to phone and discuss my offer. Sounds reasonably promising, what does anyone else think? I'm not too happy dealing with creditors on the phone but if it speeds things up I'm willing to give it a go.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You may recall that I posted my F&F offers recently. Result, of sorts, in that I've received 3 letters today in response:j

2 ask me for updated I&Es before they can consider my offers. They've not dismissed them out of hand so maybe a good sign:think:

Is this the usual practice? I've been on token £1 a month payments for well over a year so imagine that they'd need an updated view of what my financial situation is anyway by now.

The 3rd letter, from my biggest creditor, has asked me to phone and discuss my offer. Sounds reasonably promising, what does anyone else think? I'm not too happy dealing with creditors on the phone but if it speeds things up I'm willing to give it a go.

Hi CBC

I sent I&E with my F&Fs so they had everything - but yes, send the I&Es.

Regarding phoning them - they asked me to do that as well. I just responded that I was comfortable with talking on the phone and would rather deal with this matter via written communication. I gave them an email address and confirmed I was happy to receive communication by email and confirmed it was a priavate email address and only I had access to it. They communicate the rest of the F&F negotiations via email after that.

Settled another (as you know), but the rest I'm still negotiating :rotfl:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi CBC

I sent I&E with my F&Fs so they had everything - but yes, send the I&Es.

Regarding phoning them - they asked me to do that as well. I just responded that I was comfortable with talking on the phone and would rather deal with this matter via written communication. I gave them an email address and confirmed I was happy to receive communication by email and confirmed it was a priavate email address and only I had access to it. They communicate the rest of the F&F negotiations via email after that.

Settled another (as you know), but the rest I'm still negotiating :rotfl:

Thank you:T

Will get the I&Es off tomorrow, once I've worked out how little money I have available to pay them with each month;)

Good idea about the email:j. I've never used it to communicate with creditors, although I use it for nearly all other communications in my life. I tend to rely on snailmail for creditors but everything takes so long:(. I think I might give it a go although I'm sorely tempted to use the phone in this case.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback