DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

1485486487488489491»

Comments

• Larz07 wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently started a debt management plan and my biggest debt is with a credit union , that previously took repayment direct from my salary (they are not my employer) . They agreed to stop the payments from my salary whilst they review my debt management plan. However, they are now saying that they do not accept the debt management plan and will be starting up the repayments from my salary again. Is there anything I can do about this , as it is over £300 a month and I can not afford this . Any advice greatly appreciated

Put it in writing to you employer that with immediate effect you are withdrawing authorising for money to be deducted from your salary and paid to this third party. In the same letter/email, request a response acknowledging they have updated their records and have removed the authorisation to deduct payments from salary.

Quite often creditors do not accept DMP offers - but the end result is they like it or lump it. Don't worry too much that they are not accepting your offer, but importantly you need to stop the deductions from your salary.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Will my employers do that ? The union are saying they will resend my original signed agreement to my employer
    Will my employers do that ? The union are saying they will resend my original signed agreement to my employer
    Put it in writing to you employer that with immediate effect you are withdrawing authorising for money to be deducted from your salary and paid to this third party. In the same letter/email, request a response acknowledging they have updated their records and have removed the authorisation to deduct payments from salary.

Quite often creditors do not accept DMP offers - but the end result is they like it or lump it. Don't worry too much that they are not accepting your offer, but importantly you need to stop the deductions from your salary.
    Will my employers do that? They are saying they will resend my original signed agreement to my employer to re start the payments
    Will my employers do that? They are saying they will resend my original signed agreement to my employer to re start the payments

Put in the letter/email to your employer that you withdraw authority to make payments to xxxxx (credit union) from your salary with immediate effect. Put in the letter you have no intention of reinstating any such authority and if any is submitted by the credit union your payroll department are not authorised to make payment from your salary. Put in the letter, if payroll are in any doubt please ensure they contact you for authorisation prior to making any payments.

Payroll cannot make payments to third parties without authorisation, unless it is an attachment of earnings order from a court. The credit union can try and send the original signed agreement - payroll HAVE to honour your request for who is paid from your salary. Important that you put all this in writing and request confirmation that they have received and understood your letter.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Put in the letter/email to your employer that you withdraw authority to make payments to xxxxx (credit union) from your salary with immediate effect. Put in the letter you have no intention of reinstating any such authority and if any is submitted by the credit union your payroll department are not authorised to make payment from your salary. Put in the letter, if payroll are in any doubt please ensure they contact you for authorisation prior to making any payments.

Payroll cannot make payments to third parties without authorisation, unless it is an attachment of earnings order from a court. The credit union can try and send the original signed agreement - payroll HAVE to honour your request for who is paid from your salary. Important that you put all this in writing and request confirmation that they have received and understood your letter.
    great, I will do that tomorrow. Thank you for your help :beer:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 September 2018 at 11:09PM
    We now have a shiny new thread, part 13 can be found in the sticky’s here :

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5897083

Thanks.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure