CPP Query

Hi all

Looking for some advice.

I had several products from CPP, one being Card Protection Policy starting from 27th May 1998 to approximately 2014. I know this because I have paperwork showing the policy start date etc.
Is it possible to open a claim on this Policy? This was sold to me via a MBNA credit card.

I also had a CPP Identity Protection Policy for the same Credit Card which started from 2006 up to 2014 and have several statements and paperwork showing all the charges etc

I've seen online that there were many claims with CPP Policies and that there was a redress scheme. If I had known about this scheme then I would have raised a claim.
Is it still possible to raise my concerns/claim regarding both of my Policies? Is there a difference between before and after 2005?

To add to above, I found a letter from CPP with a Santander logo saying I had Card Protection in 2011, a card I still use. Is it possible to query this policy with CPP or Santander?

On a different note, I see reference to having access to free Experian services such as credit alerts etc

I was already paying this via a subscription with Experian from 2009 so I've totally confused.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

David

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection

Also cancel your Experian nonsense, it's worthless, the report is free
  • Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I have read the link you have posted which mentions the redress scheme which was to refund anyone from 2005 to 2014 regarding 2 policies, both of which I had i.e. Card Protection and Fraud. Is it still possible to raise a complaint for both policies as I did not receive the letters? Also, one of the policies actually started in 1998 which was before 2005? Surely if I can raise a complaint for the policy starting in 1998 then I should be able to raise a complaint for the other policy which began in 2006?

Who do I raise a complaint to? Is it CPP?

Thanks
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    The CPP redress scheme closed in 2015.

CPP card and identity protection policyholders were able to claim compensation for mis-sold policies. The deadline for claiming compensation has now passed, and no further compensation claim forms will be accepted.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-stories/cpp-card-and-identity-protection-compensation-scheme-closure
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Rutter50 wrote: »
    Surely if I can raise a complaint for the policy starting in 1998 then I should be able to raise a complaint for the other policy which began in 2006?
    As above. you are a few years too late for any CPP complaint post 2005. Sorry.

You can complain about 1998 CPP, though. Your complaint should be addressed to whoever (mis) sold it to you.
  • Hi

Thanks for the feedback
  • I also took out a Card Protection via a credit card back in 1988 - My renewal for CPP card protection is due -£75 for 3 years -is it worth renewing? One call to them if I lose my credit cards etc
    Advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No. .
  • Nasqueron
    llamalou wrote: »
    I also took out a Card Protection via a credit card back in 1988 - My renewal for CPP card protection is due -£75 for 3 years -is it worth renewing? One call to them if I lose my credit cards etc
    Advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

CPP is worthless, I don't see how you are still paying for this, pay £75 so someone can make a phone call for you...
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    @Nasqueron
    Maybe it's worthless within UK, but what about those who travel abroad?
    If cards or other important documents are lost, does it not have value for them, then? In such circumstances the inconvenience of the loss could put that fee in the shade. Just wondering!
  • Nasqueron
    oldwiring wrote: »
    @Nasqueron
    Maybe it's worthless within UK, but what about those who travel abroad?
    If cards or other important documents are lost, does it not have value for them, then? In such circumstances the inconvenience of the loss could put that fee in the shade. Just wondering!

All my providers have a UK number you can ring from abroad (or reverse charges) if the card is lost, the service that costs £75 a year is simply them ringing a few firms and cancelling the cards which can be done for free via the Cards Gone website as recommended by MSE

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport