Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 3
    • Ajhoyle
    • By Ajhoyle 26th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ajhoyle
    Hi we've heard nothing yet eithet. Hoping for tomorrow as we are due to exchange next week as our solicitor is away then for two weeks. I have been told that they're working on a 7 day SLA now so could be end of the week.

We had a call to confirm details. you've got your valuation quick, hope all goes well
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 26th Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    We have yeah but only because they had everything other than the kitchen sink off us from a previous application from april and the sale fell through as when they done the valuation the down valued it by 15,000!!!!! (So as u can imagine were anxious for this new property valuation) The seller removed the last propery from the market. They just had to cross reference it all to a new application for new property. im still waiting for the to request a DNA sample though !!!128514;! No date for valuation as yet but they said they will be contacting the estate agents by close of business tomorrow

!!!129310;!!!127996;!!!129310;!!!127996;!!!129310;!!!127996;!!!129310;!!!127996;
    • insertusername
    • By insertusername 27th Jun 17, 10:54 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    insertusername
    Can anyone give me an indication on what sort of questions and queries kensington have come back to them with. We had a DIP, found a property and had a bid accepted and the full application went in a few days ago. They have 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements, gifted deposit letter and all of the documents signed. I am just preparing myself for what sort of questions they might ask me on my spending habits etc.

The broker has said the affordability is not a problem, we were passed on the initial credit score and the defaults were old enough that they weren't an issue but I have never done this before and like to be prepared.

Thanks
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 27th Jun 17, 3:32 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    We had to send 12 month statements, proof of deposit and where its came from, utility bills, tenancy agreements, proof of rental payments ID for the person gifting and they had to send another letter stating that they give permission to hold their details on file and proof off address from previous address as not on electrol roll (we called united utilities for this and they emailed it over) letter of explination for signatures being slightly different. References from landlords fpr the past 3 years (they send for this but will want their details) But it depends on your case and personal circumstances xx
    • insertusername
    • By insertusername 27th Jun 17, 4:09 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    insertusername
    We had to send 12 month statements, proof of deposit and where its came from, utility bills, tenancy agreements, proof of rental payments ID for the person gifting and they had to send another letter stating that they give permission to hold their details on file and proof off address from previous address as not on electrol roll (we called united utilities for this and they emailed it over) letter of explination for signatures being slightly different. References from landlords fpr the past 3 years (they send for this but will want their details) But it depends on your case and personal circumstances xx
    Originally posted by Rachael5432
    Thanks for that, they haven't asked for my landlords details as yet. I am hoping they don't to be honest as I want to give notice until we know for certain that we will be aprroved
    • obay
    • By obay 27th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    obay
    They never asked us landlord details but our broker hinted that we might require them.. Your cases seem not so straight forward as ours?
    1/12/16 - 152,599.00
    11/11/17 - 145,990.00
    Two Credit agreements to pay off - 13653! (inc interest).
    Sofa (DFS) (0%)923/923 - Paid off 7th November!
    Barclays Boiler (18.9%!)1400/3021.36
    Barclays Car (5.99%)0/8,832.37
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 27th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    No its a pretty complex case to be fair my partner was a bit of a gypsey a few years ago lol nothing untoward but just didnt think how not leaving a trail on his credit report would effect him in the future so theyve had to have prove from previous address. Hes self employed too so maybe thats why they want landlord references as they cant get an employee reference. We still dont have a date yet for our valuation but as previously mentions this was instructed friday just gone. They have absolutely everything that we could possibly provide and i honestly can not think of anything else they could request so im hoping it wont be long now until it goes to offer. Xx
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 27th Jun 17, 6:30 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    Have proof* sorry there a tonne of spelling mistakes in that last post! Im tired, its been a long day LOL!!
    • browneyone
    • By browneyone 27th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    browneyone
    Hi all.
    Hope all is progressing well
    we also had our valuation on the 22nd, waiting on Mortgage offer now. Hoping to receive in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!!

Sending kensington speedy dust to us all..... (yeah right)
    Originally posted by Ajhoyle

Yes we had that a day or two after our application was submitted to them.
    • StartingOut
    • By StartingOut 28th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    StartingOut
    So survey was a week ago and we haven't heard anything about an offer! All I feel like I do is wait for people to do things... please hurry up!
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 29th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    They havent book our valuation yet either !!!55357;!!!56849; Ive just messages our advisor to chase it up! I feel the same though, wish they'd shift it along a bit quicker lol xx
    • Ajhoyle
    • By Ajhoyle 29th Jun 17, 3:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ajhoyle
    Me neither... still waiting for our offer. Let me know if you hear anything!
    • Ch122
    • By Ch122 30th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ch122
    It has been 6 weeks since we applied for our mortgage with kensington. We have heard that today they are doing the valuation. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an offer through from here.
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 30th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    Valuation booked for 6th july.... which is nealy a week away!!!!! Thought it would be sooner
    • StartingOut
    • By StartingOut 30th Jun 17, 5:48 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    StartingOut
    And we have a mortgage offer. Whoop! So hoping for exchange next week now and completion at the end of July. After chasing, I found it in my junk email!

Feeling relieved now.
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 1st Jul 17, 8:43 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    Aww thats fab news @startingout!!!! Congrats!! Xx
    • insertusername
    • By insertusername 5th Jul 17, 12:17 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    insertusername
    Application has gone in, had to pay a 99 to 3MC (not entirely sure what their role in the process is) hoping the process doesn't take too long as keen to get things moving. Solicitors want money for searches etc but I have asked if I can delay this as don't want to lose the money if the mortgage isn't approved.
    • Rachael5432
    • By Rachael5432 11th Jul 17, 1:33 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachael5432
    Hi, any news or progress anyone?

Valuation fone and came back with a request for a damp survey to be carried out. Been told all other paper work is fine. Next survey booked in for friday. Will update later next week
    • Ch122
    • By Ch122 12th Jul 17, 11:59 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ch122
    Kensington got back to us 6 days after the valuation. Offered us the mortgage amount but unfortunately not for that house. Was very disappointed. Back on the hunt for another house. On the plus side at least we can get a mortgage.
    • Decorachael91
    • By Decorachael91 19th Jul 17, 12:07 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Decorachael91
    We've been in the dark for weeks.
    Got news last Thursday that the mortgage has been declined due to "potential asbestos". Gutted isn't even the word. There's no indication to where the asbestos is...that's it, it is that vague. And apparently the surveyor was there for under 10 minutes. It's quite a substantial sized house, it took us about half an hour to leave both times we went to view it.

So after crying for 3 days straight - our only option is to do an asbestos survey. Which is being conducted today - vendors insisted on paying for full survey even though we did offer to pay 50/50.

Before that we had the nightmare as well of our gift letters from my relatives not being enough proof for them giving us gifted deposits. They wanted their bank statements for evidence that the money was transferred from their bank accounts. One of my relatives flat out refused to do it because he didn't want his bank statements given out to people - understandable. That was a few days when it was all up in the air. And I thought I felt rubbish then. Oh no. Right now I'm pretty down about the whole thing.
    I feel as if Kensington really don't want to give us this.

Congratulations to those who got your offers!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin