Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 9
    • shell2006
    • By shell2006 17th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shell2006
    If you don't mind me asking which broker did you go with
    • shell2006
    • By shell2006 17th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shell2006
    about to be 4 weeks on Wednesday since we went to application... I hate this waiting around.
    • Speny1888
    • By Speny1888 18th Apr 18, 9:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Speny1888
    Hi Folks, First post, be gentle

Just applied for a mortgage, first time buyer, and we were recommended Kensington due to my adverse credit history back in 2013/14. Now we have received a DiP Cert and alsoa KFI doc, which is key facts and this proposes payment schedule . So far in the DiP they have requested 3 months statements showing rent being paid , but i sent a years worth

Now we have sent aload of docs that were collated from a previous broker over to Kensington, we have also just paid valuation fee (Monday)

With all of the above , do you think there stands a good chance of it being approved, my partners history is perfect, we have put down 28k dep which is 15% LTV (185k)

As i said this is a first time experiance for me and my nerves are shot as i dont want to mess it all up for my partner
    • Damocooley
    • By Damocooley 20th Apr 18, 6:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Damocooley
    4/4/18 DIP Receieved
    5/4/18 Application submitted
    6/4/18 Valuation Instructed. Asked for 3 months payslips and clarity on my employment address (Payroll address is Livingstone)

Awaiting anxiously.......
    Originally posted by Damocooley
    Just to update.

Valuation was completed 10/4/18

No further requests for information, lots of our FA chasing for updates. Was with the underwriters and then sent to final underwriter.

16/4/18. Formal mortgage offer received for full amount !!!128513;!!!9786;!!!65039;
    • shell2006
    • By shell2006 23rd Apr 18, 1:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shell2006
    Just to update.

Valuation was completed 10/4/18

No further requests for information, lots of our FA chasing for updates. Was with the underwriters and then sent to final underwriter.

16/4/18. Formal mortgage offer received for full amount !!!128513;!!!9786;!!!65039;
    Originally posted by Damocooley

Congratulations. My valuation was done last Monday. came back and for the full amount.
    Just awaiting the final decision, hoping to hear today or tomorrow now
    • Mebethreesee
    • By Mebethreesee 23rd Apr 18, 2:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mebethreesee
    First post joining the Kensington Thread

28/03/18 DIP received
    10/04/18 house viewed & offer accepted
    20/04/18 full application made (delay due to buyer of our property changing solicitors) requested 3 months bank statements
    • Mebethreesee
    • By Mebethreesee 25th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mebethreesee
    25/04/18 request to show last 36 months mortgage payments and confirmation of redemption balance
    • nickyrowlands1
    • By nickyrowlands1 26th Apr 18, 9:33 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickyrowlands1
    we used Kensington for our FTB mortgage in 2013 when i had numerous defaults and missed payments and my husband was self empoyed.

The whole process took about 4 months in total but this was to do with us having bits of the deposit scattered about and me not being organised.

We are now doing a repurchase and sticking with kensington as they can offer us the amoutn we want. Application went ina few days ago, have paid valuation fee. Already been asked for SA302's from when husand was self employed and previous statements. If you are patient and organised then its fine, just get a good broker who knows their processes. It does get there eventually and when you are with them i have found they are great! we even pay our mortgage on the 15th when im paid and that wasnt a problem for them to do.

just waiting now
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 4th May 18, 1:53 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Application gone in with Kensington yesterday - already documented the issues I've had on here trying to get a mortgage elsewhere.

Application yesterday, AIP today, just waiting for the questions/document requests/valuations now. Fingers crossed!
    • Steveg63
    • By Steveg63 14th May 18, 1:58 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steveg63
    If you don't mind me asking which broker did you go with
    Originally posted by shell2006
    14th May 18, 12:57 PM
    Brunswick Homeloans - Peter, brilliant
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 15th May 18, 9:46 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Application gone in with Kensington yesterday - already documented the issues I've had on here trying to get a mortgage elsewhere.

Application yesterday, AIP today, just waiting for the questions/document requests/valuations now. Fingers crossed!
    Originally posted by anfieldred
    Valuation booked for next week. Been painless so far really - they've only asked for bank statements/payslips, and names of previous employers as not been in my current role that long. Fingers crossed the valuation goes through at the right amount now.
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 15th May 18, 5:12 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Now I've got to supply a letter explaining my debts - any idea how in depth this needs to be please?
    • Mebethreesee
    • By Mebethreesee 16th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mebethreesee
    Lots more information sent
    Confimation of me and husband separation
    Clarification on a payment May 2016 mortgage
    Valuation completed yesterday

Now to wait
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 17th May 18, 2:15 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    After the valuation, how many more steps/document requests are there?

They've had:

mortgage statements
    4 months bank statements
    4 months payslips
    P60
    Letter explaining debts
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 22nd May 18, 9:29 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Valuation tomorrow - do I leave them to it or show them round or what? I've got a small dog that I'm trying to see if someone can mind for an hour or two tomorrow as he will no doubt follow the valuer into every room.

Do they ask how I got to the figure that we've put on the application?
    • Kareng1978
    • By Kareng1978 23rd May 18, 12:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kareng1978
    Just wondering how everyone is getting on? In a similar position, has anyone had a mortgage offer as yet?
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 24th May 18, 9:53 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    had valuation yesterday -just waiting for a response now
    Last edited by anfieldred; 25-05-2018 at 1:02 PM.
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 25th May 18, 12:52 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    4/5/18 - application
    5/5/18 - AIP
    Payslips/p60/previous work details requested in between, along with letter explaining debts
    17/5/18 - valuation booked for 23/5
    23/5 - valuation
    25/5 - valuation came back as we wanted/needed.

Now just waiting on 'final checks' (no idea what these entail) and waiting for an offer to come through.
    • Kareng1978
    • By Kareng1978 25th May 18, 2:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kareng1978
    Nervous!!!
    Very Similar position

App submitted 15/05
    Further info requested and valuation instructed 18/05
    All info sent on 22/05
    Valuation done 24/05

Now just waiting!!

Have you been given any indication of how long the 'final checks' take?
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 25th May 18, 4:06 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 2,586 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Very Similar position

App submitted 15/05
    Further info requested and valuation instructed 18/05
    All info sent on 22/05
    Valuation done 24/05

Now just waiting!!

Have you been given any indication of how long the 'final checks' take?
    Originally posted by Kareng1978
    No idea unfortunately, wish I did and what the checks were!
    Last edited by anfieldred; 25-05-2018 at 4:08 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

944Posts Today

6,103Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin