Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrmoon
    • By mrmoon 16th May 18, 5:13 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mrmoon
    ccj recorded at address
    • 16th May 18, 5:13 AM
    ccj recorded at address 16th May 18 at 5:13 AM
    Hi,
    I have a CCJ registered against me jan 2017 at an address which i have NOT lived at since 2009. I have since sold the property 6 months later the same year.

When i check my credit report with one of the agencies the linked address shows but no CCJ. I check the local court record and it has been registered 2017.

My question is how come it not showing, will this effect my credit & what can i do ?
    Thanks everyone !!
    Last edited by mrmoon; 16-05-2018 at 6:19 AM.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 16th May 18, 6:01 AM
    • 27,756 Posts
    • 11,254 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 16th May 18, 6:01 AM
    • 16th May 18, 6:01 AM
    Not showing because you only checked the 1 agency?

Check them all.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 16th May 18, 8:37 AM
    • 1,939 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 16th May 18, 8:37 AM
    • 16th May 18, 8:37 AM
    The ccj will go against the last known address given to the creditor
  • National Debtline
    • 16th May 18, 1:59 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:59 PM
    Hi mrmoon and welcome to the forum

You will need to make sure you are checking the correct part of your credit file. CCJs are shown under the public information section. If it's still not showing it could be an oversight by that particular credit agency. As advised above it's best to check with all 3 agencies.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,475Posts Today

4,912Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin