Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Can I have some advice on how to approach Sky TV and when.

Last few years have gone to cancel and offered deal...but always manage to miss the renewal date and get shock when suddenly see price double went up to £110 last time. Worried wont offer deal again.

So firstly 12 mth half price is up early March, so should I contact now and ask what date contract ends as will not be able to pay full price and advise my intention to cancel

Just want advice on how to play it.

Should do it on phone or online chat, plus are there better times to contact them.

One other thing last time the offer came up on TV but dammed if I can find where it was on sky remote.
  • Vegastare wrote: »
    Can I have some advice on how to approach Sky TV and when.

Last few years have gone to cancel and offered deal...but always manage to miss the renewal date and get shock when suddenly see price double went up to £110 last time. Worried wont offer deal again.

So firstly 12 mth half price is up early March, so should I contact now and ask what date contract ends as will not be able to pay full price and advise my intention to cancel

Should do it on phone or online chat, plus are there better times to contact them.

One other thing last time the offer came up on TV but dammed if I can find where it was on sky remote.

Definitely do it now, especially if your March payment is full price. Phone or live chat any time (I've had most success with Asian live chat but it varies), be prepared to try 2 or 3 times (at least) if you can't get a suitable offer.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Vegastare wrote: »
    Can I have some advice on how to approach Sky TV and when.

Look at all the posts on this subject.

Unfortunately you took one of the silly 6 or 10 month deals, where the discount is for less than the minimum term of 12 months, which give a false impression of the actual value . (eg half price for 6 months is actually only 25% off over the year.)

CS people have been known to offer these deals, suggesting that you take them, then all to haggle a deal as soon as the discount ends. However, you are contracted to stay for the 12 months, unless you are willing to pay a penalty charge, so they are extremely unlikely to offer a deal.
  • teddysmum wrote: »
    Look at all the posts on this subject.

Unfortunately you took one of the silly 6 or 10 month deals, where the discount is for less than the minimum term of 12 months, which give a false impression of the actual value . (eg half price for 6 months is actually only 25% off over the year.)

CS people have been known to offer these deals, suggesting that you take them, then all to haggle a deal as soon as the discount ends. However, you are contracted to stay for the 12 months, unless you are willing to pay a penalty charge, so they are extremely unlikely to offer a deal.
    I think you're reading the post wrong, looking at their post history they got a 50% off TV deal for 12 months last year some time?
  • Yes it was 12 mth - am thinking maybe this year will be a struggle as had reduction twice.

My question is would you contact ahead of time, or would you wait.

P.S I have read the posts
  • Vegastare wrote: »
    Yes it was 12 mth - am thinking maybe this year will be a struggle as had reduction twice.

My question is would you contact ahead of time, or would you wait.

P.S I have read the posts
    I've already said, phone now (or live chat). You don't need a consensus to come to a decision.
  • Hi

I received Sky Fibre Unlimited for £FREE for a period of 12 months. This has since ended.

I have been offered;

Sky Fibre Unlimited £12.50 (Should be £20)
    Credit to account: £30 (Which brings broadband down to £10p/m)
    Sky Line Rental: £18.99 (No discount)
    Anytime Extra: £8 (No discount)

Could I have got better than this or is this a good deal? Also, what should I do if this is not a good deal

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 February 2017 at 1:09PM
    So, £29pm for Fibre BB (38 or 76Mbps?) and £8 for anytime calls.

It's okay, but if it is 38Mbps and your address is not new to Fibre, then you could have shaved a few pounds off it elsewhere. (I pay £25pm for Fibre BB with Talktalk, for example (haggled)).

Whether it's possible to get out of it will depend on the contract terms (cooling-off period). Either way, 12 months is not a long time.
  • Thanks for your response.

Yeah 38mpbs - and still within cooling off period
  • Considering new customers are offered the same deal but for £10 a month more plus the £60 setup fee and on an 18 month contract (how long is your offer for?) I'd take it if the speeds are up to scratch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback