The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• Thank you Icc86 for your comments. They were very kind. It was the usual late night, tearful sadness thet just overcame me.

I had emailed his ex teacher yesterday to ask advice and she forwarded my text to her line manager who sorted it by 8 this morning. DS has changed classes away from the child causing problems and he went to school smiling. Not only do I want this sorted for my son but it would be nice if the child could understand about differences. I'm sure he is not a bad child, perhaps not shown why he shouldn't treat others in such a way.

The teachers have been brilliant so I'm going to email the headmaster and let him know what a good job they have done.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Hi parsniphead,

Happy new diary :)

Sorry to hear about your redundancy and the problems with the bully, glad the school sorted it in the end.

Wishing you lots of luck on the job front too, I'm sure you'll find something.

Pmo2
    X
  • Just read your diary ( sorry have not read previous one).
    Glad the school sorted it so quickly for you and that your son can go to school smiling..thats great.Glad to see OH on the mend and heres hoping the perfect job comes your way soon.

Will be following with interest x
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • Thank you Purplemumof2 and Aamberie for your kind works.

I've woke up feeling much more positive today. It's lovely a sunny, September morning.

Oh no, the little one wants the computer. Back later.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Frmorningworld.

Now whenever I mae plans things go all wobbly, but today I have plans. As I aonly managed about two hours sleep last night it should be that I go back to bed after dropping DS at school but as a life long insomniac I will just get on with the day. Funny thing was I did think about staying up all night to hit this house and it's clutter hard. I was in the mood to do it, but I isloped off to bed. Shouldn't have bothered. Sleep sounds lovely though. So the plans

1. To finish turning up some curtains and deliver if possible - a bit more money for the pot.
    2. Complete job application for local college.
    3. Collect prescription.
    4. Ironing/housework. I have only a little ironing so hardly any time to spend on that but it needs to be done.
    5. Christmas plans - I want to make mum a puff quilt and DS a bean bag. I always leave things to the last minute and end up not doing them. Not this year.
    6. Looking at the winter preps for the house. It was cold last night.
    7. Some quality garden time if time allows.

I may not get it all done but I want to make a huge dent in the list.
    Some have to be done, some not so important.

A few minutes more of peace a quiet then time to start getting small person out of bed.

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2016 at 6:47AM
    Morning diary

Fresh from the bath and ready to go. I really wish I had a shower.

Yestrdays plans were attempted but not finished. As follows.

1. To finish turning up some curtains and deliver if possible - a bit more money for the pot. Half done. Have to be finshed today. Number one priority.
    2. Complete job application for local college. needs tweeking then sending.
    3. Collect prescription.iIm so irritated. This should have been ready for Friday night and was still not done at lunchtime yesterday. I now have to make another journey to collect it.
    4. Ironing/housework. I have only a little ironing so hardly any time to spend on that but it needs to be done. Done
    5. Christmas plans - I want to make mum a puff quilt and DS a bean bag. I always leave things to the last minute and end up not doing them. Not this year. I have been pondering while doing other stuff.
    6. Looking at the winter preps for the house. It was cold last night. Got the fleece linings for the curtains out. That's a far as I got.
    7. Some quality garden time if time allows. I did go into the garden to hang out some washing......that's it.[/CLOOR

Today I need to finish curtains and collect prescription. They are the most important. I'm then going to continue with the nightmare job of sorting DS toys from the spare room so the bed can be used when I get pushed out of mine by DH and DS. I'm too old for sleeping on the floor now.

I'm going to leave my list at that because I always end up overwhelming myself.

Today is also the day diets change in the household. We really ned to start looking after ourselves. Our eating habits have slipped a lot recently and personally I'm feeling like poo. Eight glasses of water for me. I've never managed this but I have a little chart in the sewing room as a prompt. In the past when I have drunk more water I have felt so much better and my skin has definately improved. Stupid not to really when it's such a simple thing to do.

Now I'm off to weigh myself. Back in a mo.

12St 2 1/2lbs and I'm only 5ft 2in.....just.

No wonder ii have been feeling so rough and all my joints have been so painful lately. That has really crept up on me. Right first goal is to lose a stone by christmas. Easily done as the whole greed/food christmas thing annoys me. I never go mad at that time, it's just the usual stuff except for Christmas dinner.

Another thing.........I'm really going on this morning.......is looking after myself. I always used to wear make up and get my hair cut regularly. My hair is a state so today I'm going to pop in and book a cut. I may even treat myself to some nice make up again.

Right stop waffling and dry the mop, I mean hair. DS needs to be up soon.

Have a good day.

• Morning diary

I've been awake since 2am, damned insomnia, and now wish I had just got up and started painting. The room would have been done by now.

Yesterday the curtains were finally finished and tie backs done. A lovely little payment to go into the pot. I really need to put in some effort now to get more work regularly. £33 per day would give me the same as what I used to earn so not a huge ask.

Luckily I'm still in a motivated mood. I think it's autumn on the horizon. I do love autumn and spring.

A few days ago I saw a gorgeous and sturdy large, oak bookcase in the local charity shop. I wish I had brought it but didn't. I'm going to pop up this morning and hope it's still there. I doubt it as it was so nice. We have loads of books on an old, rickety arg0s on which was rubbish from day one. Fingers crossed.

Right painting until 7am then get the small person out of bed.

• Things moving along nicely here. The self employed work is starting to build nicely but I would need more for it to be full time. So I decided to apply for a job I saw advertised for a local college and I have been offered an interview. I feel sick as its such a long time since I had an interview but I will try my best.

I have done masses of work in the garden to prepare it for next year. I want to try and be as self sufficient as possible, cutting food costs to the minimum. If I can get it secure swell I can have my longed for chickens. I have been saying this for 13 years though.

The house is the next big project. I have things to save for like new windows but I'm trying to freshen everything up with a lick of paint. Oh and repaying things I have broken………I brake lots of things. I have a carpet cleaner booked for thursday and friday so that should sweat off a few pounds pushing it around mine and mums house.

Today I'm siting a fabric shop in Kidderminster. Its sad that there is nothing more local really but never mind. I can't face the crowds of the Rag Market in Birmingham, plus its no nearer really. I need to get fabric for DS's bean bag, mums puff quilt and DH's american style work shirt. This will be a big help for christmas. I also have a rag doll to make for DS's school friend as he has been invited to her birthday party. I could do with an idea for a 6yr old boy too but I'm struggling. Perhaps a pencil/crayon roll with his name on.

On top of that I need to order some leather and get some stuff made for my folksy shop. Now DH is showing signs of getting better I really need to push this business.

Right housework and getting DS ready for school.

x

• A brilliant day yesterday for a very strange reason.

Mum had hired a R*g D0ctor carpet cleaner from T3scos. Oh my they are so god its scary. The muck that came up was amazing and very satisfying. I had been using her V4x carpet cleaner but it was making little difference. £28 for two days and five carpets cleaner so far. It costs her £30 per room to have the man come out and do them. I must be getting old if I have so much fun with a carpet cleaner.

This morning I want to focus on some housework and then get some sewing done. I have a pile of stuff to do for christmas gifts which will keep the costs down this year. I did spend £65 on Wednesday at the fabric place but it would cost me about £200 to pay for the goods I'm making in the shops….plus mine will be better and I will have fabric left over for other projects.

Later I tink I may spend some time in the garden continuing with the big sort out before the weather changes to rain again.

I love productive days.

x

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Goodness, its been nearly three months since I came on MSE.

Finally things seem a little calmer and I'm looking forward to Christmas.

It's been a hell of a year with a summer I never want to repeat but don't want to go into too much detail. The past has gone and now it's time to look forward. On thing for sure, I will be glad to see the back of 2016.

I'm currently working part time at a college and part time on my business. It's frustrating as I earn a pittance at the college and could make more money myself but I just need to keep things as they are for the time being. I will keep doing extra, building up what I have and when the time is right I will jump.

Debt, oh my goodness it has spiralled. I feel so disappointed but sometimes life throws obstacles which have to be dealt with. I currently have £6500 on cards which is annoying but needs to be dealt with ASAP. This year coming this needs to be sorted. I have said this every year but I have always just plodded along. I can no longer plod along, it has to be gone. I have been following Dave Ramsey a lot recently and have made good progress this month already. Every spare penny goes at debt. When it's gone I will feel much more secure and if the issues start again it will be easier to deal with. Once they are gone the mortgage (which is a small amount comparatively) is going.

I will try to update regularly but it may be difficult due to time restraints.

Keep well all.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure