I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    Options
    My sister has her sweep today but is refusing to eat fresh pineapple - I'm begging her to avoid curries - having been at the 'business end' many a time, it's the worst advice ever given :rotfl:

I am all 0% at the moment Kitten. Or at least I thought I was. How ridiculous I've been priding myself on how well I've done to get everything on 0% and paying it off so quickly to get a letter from my old bank reminding me of my student overdraft account which is £1600 overdrawn and interest bearing :eek:
    A family member who owes me some money from a long time ago (that I was despairing of ever seeing!) called yesterday to say they will be paying me almost that amount back next week so rather than it going off the CCs it will be used to clear my overdraft :mad:
    Huge frustration as I was so excited to be able to reduce the figures by quite a substantial amount and bring my DFD forward :(

Next milestone will be MBNA card paid off....I'm working towards that as a priority at the moment, it just seems so far away :(

Ooooooh I'm a miserable tinker today - am going to cheer myself up thinking about how my bridesmaid dress (for next Saturday - came around VERY quickly!) fits nicely even though the weight loss isn't as drastic as I'd have hoped....need to stop eating microwave pizzas :o but they are so cheap and filling :o
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ugh! Was it included in your total? If you can get paid back that much that's fantastic! So is that 2 cards closed by the end of the month? Does that make you closer to £7k? That's so exciting! You're doing amazing. And you're going to be gorgeous as a bridesmaid.
    I didn't know you were a midwife! Surprised they haven't asked you to do a sweep for them. I'd have been begging you.
    Hope everything else is all going well in the background too. Xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    No, it wasn't in my total Kitten - I think I've buried my head in the sand about it for so long I forgot about it :mad:

So nothing off my total because my total wasn't accurate....I'm really angry with myself, and quite ashamed that I managed to FORGET about an almost £2000 debt :eek:

Can't wait for the wedding - time with my original school age friends is very high on my list of things that make me happy :)

I'm not a midwife anymore - I never actually finished my training, there were some very upsetting things which lead my to change my career path in the second year of training, something I regularly regret. I don't think 18/19 year old me thought about the upsetting side of midwifery, and I certainly didn't react very well to that side of it.

Everything else is going very well :) All is quiet and very pleasant on the home front. Doing a lot of talking, working on the house and generally making sure we communicate as well as we can. Counselling continues and we have decided to keep that on as long as either of us feel it's necessary, regardless of cost.

I'm so excited for you about the house Kitten, hope the survey comes back quickly and you can get on with the exciting and frustrating exchanging and completing!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Oh thank you kirsty. Finally got my mortgage offer. And waiting on survey to negotiate my offer. Fingers crossed exchange next week. Should have been this week but mortgage is taking forever. I say this it's not been 3 weeks since we offered til tomorrow.
    Oh no kirsty. At least you can sort it out without changing everything. And its not nearly £2k. It's like one and a half.
    You're doing great kirsty xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Congrats on the mortgage offer Kitten, fingers crossed the survey comes back ASAP!

Well the money arrived in my account and was promptly dispatched to the long forgotten Natwest Student Account, so that's that done....gutting to see that amount of money (2.5 months of payments and overpayments in one hit) not make a blind bit of difference to my DFD, but there's not really a lot I can do about that now, and at least I'll never pay interest on that money again. It had been costing me £40 a month without me even realising :eek:

I opened by sealed tin last night as it was full (5ps and 10ps) was a bit gutted as I'd hoped to have over £50 but it was just under £49 :cool: so that will be paid into the bank on saturday and quickly dispatched to the target CC - every little helps! And I'm sure I can raid OHs jar to round up the the £50 mark ;)
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Looks like we've both been the same forgetting a debt. I can understand yours with it being a while ago but mine was only from February lol. Must be my age.

How exciting to be bridesmaid. I hope the weather stays lovely for you and glad to hear things are still ok on the home front.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    You've had a lot going on Tink! Hope continues to be quiet on the ex front for you.

I'd like to say turning 30 wrecked my memory but it was terrible WAY before that!

I'm so looking forward to the wedding, it will be a lovely day as long as I can find a pair of shoes which won't cripple me after half an hour...
  • kirtsypoos
    edited 16 September 2016 at 10:27AM
    Options
    So I am officially an Auntie!! :smileyhea: :heart2: :smileyhea: :heart2: :smileyhea: :heart2: :smileyhea My beautiful niece was born this morning. My poor sister has had a bit of a rough time - she has been in hospital since Wednesday as they diagnosed her with pre-eclampsia so needed to get the little one out.

My niece is amazing. So alert and all eyes! I can't meet her until later and I can't wait! Apologies for the exclamation marks and baby talk but I am SO excited!!
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Congratulations! How exciting. Don't go too mad in mothercare. If you want advice on a present let me know xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thanks Kitten - I'm just itching to go and cwtch her now!

I bought some 6-9 month outfits for her baby shower so I'm just getting my sister a present rather than the baby - some pate and her favourite wine and she's missed them!! Although she's breastfeeding so the wine will have to wait a few weeks!

She's been very lucky from family and friends and doesn't need anything, she's got 2 wardrobes full of first size and 0-3 months, as luck would have it she's only a little scrap and even the first size drowns her so my mom has picked up a few tiny baby outfits but I'm not buying anything else :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport