Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Packman21 wrote: »
    Firstly, I've been told that there are absolutely no discounts on the old Variety package and so to get anything I would have to switch to Entertainment. Does anyone else know if that is true?
    rexel wrote: »
    been offered sky cinema £5.00
    sky sports. £14.00
    sky variety £16.75
    total £ 35.75 for 12 months
    is this a good deal 50% off can I get more

Apparently not.
  • jonnypb
    jonnypb Posts: 317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just took out this deal on Sky HD

Entertainment bundle at £15
    Sports £15
    Sports HD pack £2
    HD pack £1
    Kids pack £1
    Boxsets pack £1

= £35 a month for 12 months

Also Sky Fibre Max and Line Rental for £26 a month

Could have maybe held out for a few more £ off as some people seem to get the Entertainment bundle slightly cheaper, but it seems an OK deal.
  • So I left a couple of weeks ago, was on a 67% off deal which I'd managed to keep on for 24 months. Tried to renegotiate but got nowhere so canceled hoping I'd get a better offer once the cancellation had gone through.

On my Sky account on their website I'm being offered:

Entertainment - £17.00
    Box Sets - £1.00
    Sports - £16.50
    Sky HD - £1.00
    Sports HD - £2.00

So £37.50 for what is usually £69.00 (~45% off), I've been on their chat a couple of times to try get this to nearer £30.00 but they won't budge. The first time I spoke to them on chat they tried to offer me the same for £38.00 so 50p more than the online offer!

Has the chat team lost the ability to give better offers? Would I have a better chance if I spoke to someone on the phone? Any ideas on who best to contact?
  • Jo_Twickers
    Jo_Twickers Posts: 24 Forumite
    One very unhappy customer. After 3 weeks trying to speak to someone to renew my package, I just spoke to someone from retentions
    Entertainment, box sets, HD, cinema and the basic unlimited BB £53
    I declined and am due to be cut off this weekend. I was paying £44 a month before.
    Not sure what to do now! I just started a new box set!!!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    One very unhappy customer. After 3 weeks trying to speak to someone to renew my package, I just spoke to someone from retentions
    Entertainment, box sets, HD, cinema and the basic unlimited BB £53
    I declined and am due to be cut off this weekend. I was paying £44 a month before.
    Not sure what to do now! I just started a new box set!!!

Hope you haven't cancelled the b/band & phone line??:eek: The TV packages can be cancelled /uncancelled at literally an hour's notice, but once Sky have instructed BT Openreach to cease your line ,you COULD be without phone/bband for days if not weeks and you will probably lose your phone number.:(
  • Jo_Twickers
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Hope you haven't cancelled the b/band & phone line??:eek: The TV packages can be cancelled /uncancelled at literally an hour's notice, but once Sky have instructed BT Openreach to cease your line ,you COULD be without phone/bband for days if not weeks and you will probably lose your phone number.:(

I did, now i'm worried! I'm gonna try VM tonight, they recently set up in my area.
    Bit dissapointed with Sky, I've been with them 10 years. The woman I spoke to said they'd probably be cheaper!
    Worked out as £28 for tv and £25 for BB and phone.
  • Jo_Twickers
    Just tried VM on live chat. Best offer for Full house with movies, box sets, HD for 12 months £60 a month.
    They're not exactly rolling out the red carpet. Told them no thanks. Bit stuck now! Really don't think Sky is worth £53 a month tho
  • jojaca
    jojaca Posts: 109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I personally would shop around for best broadband deal and then get Netflix to tie you over until you get suitable TV deal. Football season is coming soon and this time of year Sky are probably not that desperate for customers especially after the buzz of this years World Cup, they will probably of nice surge of new custom.
  • Jo_Twickers
    I have Netflix but not on my tv. Thinking about it tho, I pay £7.99 a month for that and I think it!!!8217;s free with VM so both sky and NF or VM will both cost £60 a month. Sky was 18 month contract only
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have Netflix but not on my tv. Thinking about it tho, I pay £7.99 a month for that and I think it!!!8217;s free with VM so both sky and NF or VM will both cost £60 a month. Sky was 18 month contract only

Phone them up and stop the cancellation on the BB/LR, then find a better deal at:

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/
    or
    https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/packages/

If your TV has the Netflix app you can just log in or get something like an Amazon Fire TV stick.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback