What's your weakness?

Options

Comments

• Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    Shoes, handbags, laptop bags (really sad I know but out there somewhere is the perfect laptop bag LOL) books both novels and non-fiction.

Oh I'm with you on the laptop bag thing, bought a Kipling one ages ago, even though I didn't have (and still don't have ) a laptop. I've now sold it but in a funny way....miss it:D .
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Beckyneedstosavecash
    Options
    Triker wrote: »
    But bags are better because they don't make your feet hurt.:rotfl:

Bags and shoes - that's clearly the solution - hmmm, or downfall!!
    :wave:
    December 2007:
    Credit Card - [strike]£1513.93[/strike] £1512.13; Nationwide OD1 - [strike]£1491[/strike] £1350.64; Nationwide OD2 – £520; Nationwide 3 - £200; HSBC Grad OD - [strike]£399.33[/strike] £379.33; Car Loan - £7150; Debt to family - £6000
    Total: £17130.61 :eek:
    Current snowball date: Jan 2014 (seems so long away, I need to get this down!!).

*Olympic Challenge member 36* Aiming for bronze £1008 - current £150.42
    *Lunch Log Challenge 2008*
    *PiggyPoints*: 5290
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Oh I'm with you on the laptop bag thing, bought a Kipling one ages ago, even though I didn't have (and still don't have ) a laptop. I've now sold it but in a funny way....miss it:D .

That made me:rotfl: lol
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Triker
    Options
    The ideal picture or perhaps a classic painting, a farmhouse kitchen with an aga, and a table laden with (reduced) food whilst the homely but glamorous female/male/non gender specific, stands surrounded by books (cookery, thrillers etc) and bags, whilst wearing a pair of killer heels (with them jelly thingys in so nowt hurts) with make up on studies the DFW site.

A modern classic.
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Kids clothes :rolleyes:

I don't buy expensive ones, I shop mainly at George, TU (Sainsburys) and just occasionally I push the boat out and go to Next (usually at sale time :rotfl:), but if I see a really lovely outfit, I just can't resist it.

*Surreptitious sneaks new cream wool jumper dress under bed to await time when Tasha will grow into it....in about a year....:rolleyes:*

And books..

And handbags..

And shoes..
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Triker
    Options
    Snaggles wrote: »
    Kids clothes :rolleyes:

I don't buy expensive ones, I shop mainly at George, TU (Sainsburys) and just occasionally I push the boat out and go to Next (usually at sale time :rotfl:), but if I see a really lovely outfit, I just can't resist it.

*Surreptitious sneaks new cream wool jumper dress under bed to await time when Tasha will grow into it....in about a year....:rolleyes:*

And books..

And handbags..

And shoes..

You go girl :T
  • skintas_2
    skintas_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    used to be handbags now cds...........my oh is trainers he has over 30 pairs
    i will be debt free, i will
  • lisopiso
    lisopiso Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    my daily coffee from the shop.. i've gotten a hand me down maker from my sister, but i like it when someone else makes it for me.. it's not much daily, but it adds up throughout the month.
  • bathgatebuyer
    bathgatebuyer Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    Options
    Trainers were said by God to make my life complete - I think I have about 25 pairs. Going to trainer heaven this year with a trip to the States and guaranteed I'll come back with another pair!

And 2 for 1, 3 for 2 toiletries in Boots. I've been strict with myself recently and only bought what I've needed and tried to live off my existing 'stock' which means I haven't had a good splurge in Bots for ages. Although, £40 of Boots vouchers coming from Pigsback soon!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • neverdespairgirl
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just wondered if anyone else had a certain 'ahem' weakness whereby however hard you try not to, you just haven't been able to resist having.

Books for me!
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure