Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have had a good day Buffster xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 May 2018 at 2:58PM
    Options
    Wannabefree, that helps alot.

Especially since I got another quote which has left me in need of advice.

Opinions please.

Bloke A - can do it in two weeks, will rebuild the wall (thus not giving neighbour anything to reasonable to moan about - I have no doubt he will be a problem but there will be no reason) fence will be 1 foot gravel boards and 5 foot board all the way along....1710 come recommended from the people at the Pet shop who I trust with my dogs..so you know!

Bloke B - can do it in a months time, won't rebuild the wall, will give me two 7 foot fences near the house - privacy fences and the rest of the fence 6 foot. 1620 - only one to give me a proper breakdown of price - 135 per "bay" (panel + bits). He was clearly very competent - or at least gave that impression and I really liked him. However I don't know him from Adam.

Issues - so yesterday didn't use the garden - only once as he just left the dog outside - when the fence bloke was there he just left the dog to bark. Later on when I took my dogs out the back first checking it was clear miraculously he appeared dog in tow. And guess what! it was barking.

Further to that, I need the rabbits outside. and really wanted the fence up by half term. bloke B would be after half term. Screws up my week off. Cannot move them outside with the dog - no clue what it is like re prey.

And he did his (pre dog) normal staring thing this morning.

Who do I pick please?
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would go with with which ever you prefer. IE the rebuilding of the wall vs not/time scale etc. There isn't a major difference in price so I'd choose the most convenient/the one who has the recommendations etc.

You need to do what's best for you - Will the first option give similar amount of privacy to the second?

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Options
    If it was me I would go for no 1.
    Then it is done & dusted sooner.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Word of mouth counts for a lot I think.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I would go with with which ever you prefer. IE the rebuilding of the wall vs not/time scale etc. There isn't a major difference in price so I'd choose the most convenient/the one who has the recommendations etc.

You need to do what's best for you - Will the first option give similar amount of privacy to the second?

x

I think so - 6 foot high is about as high as you can go.
    beanielou wrote: »
    If it was me I would go for no 1.
    Then it is done & dusted sooner.

yep
    Word of mouth counts for a lot I think.

Agreed.

That was pretty much my conclusion. And as much I would like 7 foot fences it is about 13cm over the limit of 2m and he would kick off, especially without the wall being fixed. 6 Foot should be enough.

I shall get that sorted tomorrow. It has been a !!!! weekend. I wouldn't wish neighbour issues on my worst enemy.

feeling a bit rubbish tonight.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Anything we can help with Buffy?

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Neighbours who'd have them :( Having said that we've been very lucky with ours - we rarely see them.

I think I'd go for option 1 too. The sooner the better.

Hope you feel better soon. Big hugs xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think that you've made the right choice Buffy. One less thing to worry about once that's sorted - the neighbour can do one... I have no idea why some people just get off on being nasty bullies to others.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Anything we can help with Buffy?

I think I am just annoyed with myself that I have allowed the neighbour to have such an effect. I haven't been out in the garden all weekend. Am ok really not long to the fence. Just hope Mum is ok with it all.

Am currently moving a fish tank. It was something I couldn't do during the day, as needed the back door open.

Best get on. moved the fish tank ok, then dropped a book shelf on my toe......hence the sitting and typing.

Sorry - side bar, I have Marvel's agents Shield on and one of the characters has just had both arms cut - most shocking bloody thing ever! and she is still talking. I have had to have a sit down cos of my toe!! bit of realism please! Yes I know it is a totally made up programme. To be fair normally more light hearted than this! Back to fish tank.

thanks for the advice, it really does help so much.

XXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family