PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February is 'use up' month

Options

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Count me in for this one too :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • amazon_spice
    amazon_spice Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    Options
    I'm doing this too - also helping me declutter prior to first ever house sale.
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm up for this one. I have to say I failed miserably in the store cupboard challenge last month - mainly because I saw some fab bargains that are either in the freezer or store cupboard - but I will be strong and only re-stcok when I have used up what I have of that item.

This isn't as easy as it was the other day because 'dear mamma' decided that she was fed up of having things in her store cupboard that had been bought either by my dad or my sister, and which she'llnever use. I brought home 4 assorted bags of pasta, 2 of rice, dried peas and dried kidney beans the other day - some unopened. Next week I'm being given a huge piece of frozen smoked salmon :D
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I foresee alot of MSE ers towards the end of the month desperete for recipies with the weirdist ingredients me included.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At the bottom of the lists of Grocery and PMS challenges in our Monthly Challenges link in the blue bar is the Store Cupboard Challenge.

Twenty three pages stuffed with ideas. :)

You can find it via my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Blue Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

pagetop.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Well I have started the use up process. Three lots of leftover frozen mash for tea tonight. Actually worked quite well, we had celeriac, sweet potao and plain mash all mixed together :)
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    count me in for this one. tommorow i am gonna see how many half bottles of lotions i have got!! also my wardrobe hasn't got any room left in it, so before i go on placement next week i must orgainise it properly!! a definte plan for tommorow am, me thinks!!
    thank you for the inspiration!!
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • Ronankfan
    Ronankfan Posts: 707 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Count me in too!!!!!! Need to start decluttering the house!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wishingonastar_3
    Options
    i'm def in for this, might take longer than feb though to get through it all. could take till next feb for some things, lol. but the thought of less clutter on the bathroom shelves is making me much more detirmined to suceed.
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • FunkyFairy
    Options
    OK had no bread today as the loaf i made yesturday went in 10 seconds flat. So i cooked some pasta and found half a jar of pesto at the back of the fridge so mixed that in.

I have not been shopping since 22nd jan it really works looking in the cupboard and see what you can make and saves money too. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure