You know your'e a DFW when you...

Options
Ok pepys time for some amusement! I was just looking in a cupboard for a juicer & couldnt find it - my first thought was have I sold it! Made me think you know you're a DFW when you do various things and it would be nice to have a thread with some light relief so here's my few...

1) You start making bread, marmalade & cooking from scratch
2) You hunt the whole internet and try to go through quidco for all spends
3) You see a man in Mr T tutting "rip off" about the price of bread & wonder if he's "one of your lot"
4) Friends come to ask your advice on the best deals & where to get them
5) You have a martin lewis car sticker!
6) Things like using 1/2 a washing tablet are now the norm...
7) You proudly walk into lidl & aldi rather than hanging your head in shame as you once did

Feel free to add yours & hopefully we can chucckle at the simularities & maybe even learn some new ways while we're at it!!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

Comments

• Scarlett.1974
    Options
    You refuse to let anyone use the phone until after 6.00pm because calls are free then.
    You feel incredibly upset if a internet purchase can't be made through quidco or pigsback.
    You go around the house turning the lights off muttering about "bloody Blackpool illuminations".
    You say at least once a day "HOW much?????"

I'm sure I'll think of more......;)
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • sparky0107
    sparky0107 Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Permanently walking with your head down looking for dropped coins to add to the sealed pot challenge
    Sparky0107 - Sealed pot challenge member #002. Total for SPC3 £1,030.57 Total For SPC 4 £2247.00 Total for SPC 5 £2574.62 :T Total for SPC 6 £4552.91:T
    :rotfl:LC2 & Jakes-Mum are off their heads :rotfl
    :j DEBT FREE AS OF 20/01/2012 :j
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    • Your socks don't match (but it doesn't matter because they are under your boots,
    • You decide whats for your next meal by whats due to go off 1st in the fridge (and see how far you can get the contents of your cupboards to stretch before you buy more)
    • You try not to buy anything unless ABSOLUTELY necessary (and then check charity shops and sales first).
    • You have a list of OS things that you would like as a pressie in case anyone asks what you want for your birthday/Christmas
    • Theres knitted and quilted blankets all over your living room so you don't get cold (and your gas bill doesn't get big):rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • p00pieb0tt0m
    Options
    You say at least once a day "HOW much?????"

Thats not DFW thats Yorkshire:D
  • Scarlett.1974
    Options
    Thats not DFW thats Yorkshire:D

I'm from the Midlands though :confused: :rotfl:
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I nodded to all of the above!!!!!

the worst one with me is I sneer at friends and family when they spend money on ANYTHING!!! ESPECIALLY when its on a credit card....and if its an egg card well don't get me started.

My other one is i've started asking people to print me out there SOA so I can go through them and show them where they can cut corners :p
    On a mission
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    love the name poopie!! and the quote scarlett - my hair is definate proof!! Keep em coming!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• oopalah
    oopalah Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    I was just looking in a cupboard for a juicer & couldnt find it - my first thought was have I sold it!
    This reminded me of something I did the other day. I was searching for an antique cakestand I had as I wanted to sell it on ebay. I searched everywhere for about an hour and a half, and then I realised I'd already sold it about a year ago!:rotfl:
    Sealed Pot challenge #59
    SPC5 total £473.60
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    I agree with all of the above:p
    You know you are a dfw when instead of watching your favourite programme, you sit working out how much you will have paid off in 3 months ( or is this just me:confused: )
    Your house smells of white vinegar
    Your poor postman has to knock your door all the time, because your free samples won't fit through the letterbox

I'm sure there's more :D
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have a box in a cupboard to store up Boots glitches, Tesco misprices and comp prizes for birthday and Christmas pressies.

Even the car gets washed with stardrops.

You are more interested in finding coupons in your 3 issues for £1 magazines than you are in reading them.

You have a special section of your purse/ wallet for coupons and you open this first at the checkout.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure