PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Lewie
    Lewie Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Didn't see post #99 before.
    Printerpix pretending they care.
    I've e-mailed them about the damaged cover.
    They requested photos of the damage.
    I sent them and have heard nowt since.
    I'll try another company next time.
  • Galaxylover
    Options
    I don't know about Printerpix but I've had a very disappointing experience buying a voucher for a photobook with Foboco. I got the voucher through Timeout and spent ages dowloading the software, uploading photos and designing the photobook. When I tried to redeem the voucher, it came up as 'invalid'. I contacted Foboco's customer services several times with no response (only by e-mail - there's no phone number on the site!) Eventually I e-mailed Timeout who said they had terminated their contract with Foboco and refunded me (who knows when - could have saved me a lot of work!). However, they told me that Foboco holds the information about who should be refunded. Sounds a con to me. I've still not heard back from Foboco....
  • justicafe
    Options
    I have received photos from a professional photograpeher on a cd. Wanted them to stay for a long time so I have ordered nicely described photobook from printerpix.
    THE QUALITY WAS APPALLING!!!

Pictures looked like they were overexposed, faces had too much red. I think I would print it better on my home printer!!! And I have ordered 4 copies to share with family!!! All went to the bin!!!

I know the photos are very good quality as I printed them after from mypix.com and they came up perfectly plus the quality of the book was amasing.
  • Lewie
    Lewie Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Further to my previous post.
    After lots of chasing Printerpix sent a second copy of the photo book.
    The cover was undamaged but the quality of the photos was not quite as good as the first book they sent.
    Hmmmmm???
    Oh well, lesson learnt.
    Pay more on the high street, at least you have a face to complain to.
  • whimpo1991
    Options
    First of all I ordered two gift vouchers so I could get my two canvas's cheaper. Once canvas arrived... contacted asking about my second one no response .. to find they cancelled it and took the money. After eventually getting a response I was offered two canvas's as compensation... then they didn't arrive. Called again and asked where they were and they said they were on there way.... THEY WERE'NT. I called again for a refund.. told it will take ten days.. they only refunded my delivery charge... called again for my voucher refunds.. was told ask groupon! I didnt buy them from GROUPON I bought them from YOU! told to wait a futher ten days to find no refund 3 TIMES I waited for a refund..... 40 emails 6 phone calls and 4 months later I got my money back due to threatening them with legal action twice!!! :mad: I will never buy from them again
    STAY AWAY this has completely stressed me out and I also made a complaint which was not answered..........................
  • Stephsteph
    Options
    printerpix con men: Avoid site at all costs

not interested in customer service. Customer just passed back and forth from live chat (which just goes silent as soon as they know you are a returning chasing up again customer requesting a response) to automated e-mail.
    So far i have been assured someone will contact me within 48 hours (three separate times). Lies just slip right of the automated written tongue. So many automated e-mails from printerpix team, also others from mohammed hafeez, and others from rakesh. Is a picture emerging here!!!!!!
  • JdV999
    Options
    OK - In view of the fact that I have read a number of quite negative reviews of Printerpix I feel it only fair to add my experience.
    Firstly and most importantly my photo book arrived today barely a week after I ordered it and the quality was as good as several other companies that I have used in the past (at a far higher price) I used a Groupon deal and paid for an upgrade of paper quality. I cannot comment on what the quality would have been without the upgrade but I have to be honest I couldn't see any marked improvement of the "standard" paper of other companies products - next time I will simply use the standard paper.
    But clarity and colour reproduction were extremely satisfactory in my opinion.
    to be balanced I will mention the negatives: the product can only be prepared online as opposed to other companies where you download the software and prepare it on your own PC. I had difficulty saving the product as it became larger and I was worried it may crash at any time. I would often get 3 or 4 error messages when trying to save and the process would take ten or twelve minutes before a successful save. I contacted their customer service by phone and after a 10 minute wait got diverted to a Spanish speaker as the English line was busy. he couldn't speak English other than to say call back in 10 minutes. On calling back I got a French speaker - same result. Telephone support is AWFUL and they need to fix this. I reverted to email and got a reply in about 2 days which offered little in the way of help.
    I gave up and just persisted with the save problem until I finished the book and submitted it. The order process was very easy and worked well. Acknowledgement of the order and updates on progress were good and as I said - the order arrived in about a week.
    In summary - the quality of the product is as good as other companies but the software is harder to use and the customer service needs serious improvement. Would I use them again - depends on how good their offer was - I would probably look elsewhere if I'm honest - but I wouldn't rule them out.
  • pertgave
    Options
    The PinterPix photo book price looks good. But comparing photo books I think the photo books from FotoInsight very good in terms of the software and print quality.
  • lunarjan
    lunarjan Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    On December 3rd I bought a voucher from Printerpix for 4 A4 photobooks, as I wanted to make some albums for Christmas presents. I have had endless trouble trying to create the books.

Firstly, the photos take ages to upload. After several hours I had managed to get some of my selection onto the website and started creating the first book. The next day when I returned to it, many of the files couldn’t be found, so I started a live chat, and was told that I hadn’t “saved” them. However, I had pressed “save” a number of times during the process. Eventually I was told that in fact the website isn’t fully compatible with IOS or Android, and that I should do it on a laptop or desktop. ( I had been using my iPad). So the next day I spent nine hours on my desktop uploading photos to the website, then returned the following day to have another attempt at a photobook. This time an error notice came up repeatedly, at many times during the day, so I was unable to use the site at all. The day after that I had one more try, only to find some missing files again. And I had pressed “save” many times during the second uploading session.

As I wanted these books for Christmas presents, and the last day to order was December 15th, there wasn’t then enough time to spend on these lengthy processes.

It should at least be made clear that the books need to be created on a laptop or desktop, but my experience has been that even that way is not satisfactory.

I sent an email on December 13th explaining what had happened, and asking for a full refund, as it seems the site is not fit for purpose. I have read other reviews from people with similar problems.

I had an email of acknowledgement the same day, then nothing further.

I sent another email on December 17th, part of which said-“Having contacted you on Dec 13th, I have thus far only received the standard acknowledgments. On your website there is this paragraph, explaining the procedure when a complaint is made-
    “At that time we will advise you how long it will take to resolve your issue. We will assign you a personal CSR who will be handling your complaint. This person will keep you informed throughout the process.””

(It’s now January 8th and I still haven’t been advised as to how long it will take to resolve my issue. Nor has a personal CSR been assigned to me,let alone kept me informed.)

Then on December 26th, I had an email from the Printerpix Team in which I was told that they were extremely busy, and offering some answers to problems which were not related to my queries at all.

Since than I have sent a number of emails asking what is happening. Today I tried a live chat, and was told that they were unable to access my ticket number due to a technical issue. I was asked to try again “after some time”. I was also asked to phone, but the call rates are high and I don’t see why I should pay to deal with a problem that is clearly not my fault.

This is now becoming extremely tiresome.

I am asking for a full refund.
  • lunarjan
    Options
    Following on from the Printerpix problems-I phoned Trading Standards, who advised me to send a letter by recorded delivery to the Printerpix Head Office (address is on their website), explaining my problems and giving them 2 weeks to issue the refund. I was also advised to contact my credit card provider, as thankfully I had used my card to pay for the voucher, and am thus covered for this sort of situation.

On the day that I posted the letter I had an email from Printerpix saying that they would give me a refund, and to allow 5-10 working days for it to be processed. Needless to say, no refund appeared in my bank account! I continued to send emails, requesting this refund. At the same time I had set up the dispute via my bank, and yesterday (Feb 19th) I had a letter from the bank saying that they have refunded me, and will continue to try and extract the amount from Printerpix.

I’m giving all this detail in hopes that other people might try the methods I’ve described. This company needs to either address its issues or give up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure