Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another NSD here - no intention of moving out of the front door...
    No snow since yesterday but it's like sheet ice and high winds. The roof has blown off an old mill next to my kids old primary school. A few minutes walk from here. Luckily the school had a snow day - could have been disastrous :eek::eek::eek:....or if had blown the opposite way onto a busy (usually) A road.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Another NSD day for me too.
    Not moving either.
    It sounds dire your way.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    edited 3 March 2018 at 11:19AM
    Tis not good Beanie, but I suspect you area and others are much worse. It's the ice that's not good. I believe the main roads aren't too bad now but the side roads are like skating rinks.....at least the wind looks as if it's died down today. But I'm not of a mind to go out and test for myself.

Someone ended up in hospital yesterday as the roof from the mill went through his terrace house roof into his bedroom as he was getting up. :eek: imagine getting out of bed and something crashing into you from above.......

I've quite enjoyed watching the birds coming to the bird table. Been putting fresh water and food out regularly and I've seen birds i havent seen for ages.

Today I'm grateful for
    - my warm house and not having to go out of it today
    - my t'internet to keep me in touch with family members around the country to see they're safe
    - some seeds on my window ledge just beginning to sprout reminding me Spring is just around the corner
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Forgot to say I had a letter from the hospital correcting the letter they sent - so I'm happy my records will be correct.

I've been reading some diaries today and they've made me realise how I'm just coasting and not being very pro-active on the money front and other things in general. Think I've become complacent as I'm so close to being debt free. Need to get my thinking cap on and take control again or I'm going to coast forever....lots of good intentions but not much action.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Good news on the ;lettter.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    milann wrote: »
    SH a lot of my debt was acquired whilst mine were at uni. It's a time I wouldn't want to return to and that was before the fees were as bad as they are today. It's an experience for them though - one I didn't take. You were doing so well clearing everything SH but we're all guilty of racking the debts again and again. At least you're doing something about it.

Today I'm grateful
    - the snow has melted
    - photos of my 2 gorgeous granddaughters in the snow this morning
    - my nice warm house
    Thanks Milann - If I stick to my budget it will work and I can give DS what he needs hopefully but not quite managing it so far. Lulled into false sense of security as supposed to be savings pots of money that are needed later in the year but instead dipping into them now.... Hopefully it will get easier.

Good to see you keeping a gratitude list - I always find that helps keep me on track too. Hope the medics sort things out soon for you
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • milann
    Well today was my first day back at work full time. So I'm trying to be organised:rotfl:
    Yesterday I did an Aldi shop which should keep me going spent £35.
    So a NSD today.
    I've not meal planned day by day as I don't stick to it....
    But I've plannned 7 meals and have the food in for them

Shepherds Pie (leftovers from lamb dinner at my ds yesterday)
    Salmon, new potatoes asparagus
    Chicken tray bake with sweet potatoes, peppers, onions and courgettes. (2 nights)
    Jacket potato cottage cheese salad ( curry for dh from freezer)
    Pasta - ham and tomato sce
    Roast dinner - gammon or beef from freezer.

I've been swimming after work and for the 1st time in ages stayed within my SW plan .
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Today I am grateful for
    - swim and relaxing in spa suite after work
    - organisation - even if it doesn't last - I did it today
    - lack of the white stuff - snow
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Ooh get you & the spa suite :j :j

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Congrats on getting back to speed at work - and definitely good to see you relaxing afterwards in the spa
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure