Virgin CC how long to wait for acceptance/rejection

2»

Comments

• flower77g
    flower77g Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    My experience with them was similar to BlondBoy - long time for a decision and then approved with a high limit
  • Windofchange
    Windofchange Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Applied for a Virgin card around 4pm. Approved 5 seconds later with a 9k credit limit. Only wanted a £3750 balance transfer as per my signature but there you go. I don't think I have ever had to wait more than 10s for a credit card approval. As to what you will get, as others have said we are simply trying to guess how long a piece of string is. Seems from others (and my own) experience that they tend to throw quite a credit limit at you!
  • davieg11
    davieg11 Posts: 278 Forumite
    I waited about 10 days, then got a text message saying it was accepted. I got a limit of £4600. I done a balance transfer 29 days ago and have still not received my 1st statement yet.
  • Again thanks to everyone who has replied. :)

Just a quick update. I contacted VM on Twitter and asked how long I should really expect to wait, they suggested I telephone the Credit Card section and gave me a phone number. Anyway I phoned them and was told it had gone to the underwriters and they had writen to me for me to prove income and identity in form of bank statements. (I have lived in the same house for 13 years and had already filled in their DD form, so seemed a bit over the top, but hey ho, I guess every so often someone just gets selected for the 'paper trail' proof and this time it was me.)

Anyway having read around the forum somewhat over the past week decided to apply for the Nuba card instead (online and 'IN' working hours), was pre-approved, filled in the form and submitted and about 10 seconds later was approved with over a £2k limit. :)

I will send VM the information they want when their letter arrives and will update this thread as and when anything happens.

Again many thanks everyone.
  • zackk
    zackk Posts: 1 Newbie
    @barnetgirl I find myself in the same situation you were in. My application is referred for a VM credit card and was told to supply proof of identity and income. This is no problem for me but it's a bit of a hassle. How did you get on with your application? Did you send the required documents and if so what was the outcome?
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    instant approval but then almost 2 weeks for card to show up.
  • zackk wrote: »
    @barnetgirl I find myself in the same situation you were in. My application is referred for a VM credit card and was told to supply proof of identity and income. This is no problem for me but it's a bit of a hassle. How did you get on with your application? Did you send the required documents and if so what was the outcome?

I applied for a Virgin Money credit card this week and it's a bit unimpressive so far. I've been a Northern Rock/Virgin Money/Yorkshire Bank customer for over 10 years and currently have a healthy balance with them in savings. I opened a regular saver in branch only 6 weeks ago. And yet in this application, they have written to demand proof of identity, address and income!

No other credit provider has ever asked me for this, least of all one I've got a long account history with. I'd just tell them to forget it if there wasn't a mark on my credit file now.

Beware people!
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am surprised they dont do this for every applicant, credit cards are definitely very easy to get compared to other financial products.
  • When did you apply for the NUBA card?

They no longer provide credit cards to customers anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family