Claim commission from Claims Management Companies

Options
I’ve just been reading an article which says that people can claim back Commission charged by
companies such as Gladstone Brookes for handling PPI claims. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is fake news. Only one media source is running it. Completely made up.

The regulator and FOS have both said time and again that the complaints process is free of charge to use and if people want to employ third parties to use the free-of-charge process then they will pay the cost.

The banks and other financial companies pay a levy to keep the complaints process free of charge.

BTW, the claims companies are not being paid commission. They are charging a fee.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The regulator and FOS have both said time and again that the complaints process is free of charge to use and if people want to employ third parties to use the free-of-charge process then they will pay the cost.
    Doubt FOS and the Regulator will pay the cost! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport