PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th August 2018

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done to your DD, Valli.

Change of plans here. I've dropped DD off with her friend, and I will pick her up after she has done her volunteering stint. It means 2 round trips to town, but the upside is that her bedding is now going round in the wm, and I'm going to take the vacuum cleaner to her mattress which will give it a bit of a shock.

Jojo - I'm tempted to say get off at the next GWR stop and I'll drop you down - presuming you are off in the Plymouth direction...but I have to vacuum a mattress...and maybe you have already disposed of the offending child anyway.

I've just done something to my tablet whilst trying to remove my lunch off it....not sure if this post is even going to make it :eek: I really must not try to multi task.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done Valli DD, but grrr to leaving everything to the last minute and inconveniencing others.

To borrow from you. WOOTY WOOT WOOT:j:j:T:j:j.
    I gave in, and my new freezer has just been delivered. I!!!8217;m having to resist the temptation to head to Aldi and start batch cooking as it needs 24hrs.

At 97litres its a lot smaller than my old chest freezer back in Glasgow, but I already feel less panicked. No more shopping virtually daily for basics.

I can feel a list coming on:rotfl:

In other, less fascinating news, I have been flying. The floor is clean. The bins and recycling are heading out when it stops raining. I have also picked lots of blackberries from the wild garden. They will shortly be joined in the new freezer by the apples. Our very own Crumble garden!

JoJo I!!!8217;d drop kick it out the window. But children and I don!!!8217;t mix. Ever.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    My children have pushed me to edge today with moaning, whining and arguing. I've banished them to their rooms and am having a lie down. Tomorrow is a new day :o
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    And somebody's beastly offspring is KICKING me by sticking their legs under their parents, all the way under the seat and aiming for my heels.

Is picking up said offspring by the scruff and threatening to hoy the little **** out of the non opening window a reasonable action?

Himself says its reasonable but the parents might get a trifle upset. I'm not convinced, I'm sure at least one of them would be relieved on the quiet.

You could politely say.. your child is kicking my legs and I have a very painful medical condition and would appreciate it very much if you would please prevent him from continuing.

Then punch the parents in the head and shove them all out of the window .. I think that would be reasonable.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • We all survived. And I'm slightly pleased that awful child and parents have found out they have to complete their journey by bus due to further gwr issues down the line. The tantruming 14 year old who had got somewhat overexcited with her posh mates and was miffed when told by her mum to stop braying like an overfed donkey is also now 'slumming it'.

A little :cool: upon finding out we're in the student halls. They ain't designed for two people when one of them has an 'arris the size of mine.

Now, if he is quite finished titivating himself, although how it can take so long with no hair and a pair of shorts & a t-shirt, I have no idea - we are Going to The Pub.

I've flipping earned it.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 August 2018 at 7:32PM
    Well done Valli DD, but grrr to leaving everything to the last minute and inconveniencing others.

It's only last minute because they want her to start at short notice and I'm away after today, so couldn't have helped tomorrow/Friday and it needed to be done on a weekday as the key needed handing in.

Anyway it's done. And as she was last out of the flat I have been awarded the prize of ALL the cleaning stuff...all of which is branded...a carrier bag full from under the sink. Wooty wooty woot woot. I also awarded myself half a bottle of peach schnapps that was going to have been binned. And because she was the only 'student' around we wedged the lift door open and brought most of it down in one go. All the frozen food was binned because it would probably have thawed en route and I couldn't have fitted it in the freezer anyway (and I rather suspect, due to how 'solid' the veg were, that there might have been a powercut/switch off so we have erred on the side of caution).

However I now have to do what I had planned to do this afternoon. Fortunately we brought in the washing before we went, and it has rained, so I just want to iron that then pack. And tidy up the [STRIKE]dump [/STRIKE]dining room a bit
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Monday Munchroom Mess - Kitchen and Utility

Level 2

Wipe window sills and clean the windows

Wednesday - Living Room Loveliness

Level 1

[STRIKE]Open the windows![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty any bins.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove anything that doesn't live here.[/STRIKE]
    With a damp cloth wipe remotes, light switches and the bit just above and below the door handles, where sticky fingers leave residues. And the handles too, of course

Level Two
    [STRIKE]Dust everywhere - check for cobwebs![/STRIKE]
    Dust/vacuum light fittings - wash any glass shades

Level Three
    [STRIKE]Move all the furniture you can and vacuum/sweep/mop under it[/STRIKE]

Chillies - - your home will be lovely if you help too!
    [STRIKE]Make your own bed.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Remove anything icky from your rooms and bin it.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Put your clean clothes away tidily and your dirty clothes in the laundry.[/STRIKE]

Extras
    [STRIKE]S&S kitchen[/STRIKE]

Bathroom has been stripped out. Walls have been washed down and flaky paint sanded. Sanded woodwork on door, and half the skirtings. DH has filled some holes in the woodwork and the walls so I will sand that tomorrow.
    DW on, dried and PA

WM on, dried and will iron tomorrow or Friday
    2 x batches of muffins made
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Well.... the house looked great when visitors arrived and kids did some jobs too!!! Bribery aka playstation time, works a treat! Boys bedrooms also polished and hoovered.
    Visitors have decided to stay another night whixh is great but might not get much tidying done tomorrow.
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all :)

We had a visitor for dinner last night and he commented on how clean and tidy the house was! Made my week!

This morning, we have an early doctor appointment for DD on the other side of the city so need to be off for 8am. The WM is already going and I will peg that out before we leave. Will also set the DW going too.

Then I'm off out for a girly lunch :T and the children are with a friend. I need a couple of hours 'me' time.

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I can't keep up, but I am in here in spirit.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport