PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th July 2018

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Dare I say it, but I have what looks like rain clouds over, me.

Ironing to do
    Ant powder to buy, they seem to be living in the corner of the patio sliding window, inside and outside of it.
    Pork slices out of freezer for dinner
    Tip run
    Sort out wardrobe.
    Ring water board to see if I can get a refund of some sort over the water leak, reading the info it is unlikely, but if you don't ask you don't get, no harm in a short phone call.
    If it does rain and soften the ground, then some weeding this afternoon. Why it is the weeds keep growing, yet all my grass is brown and dead? I guess it is something to do with roots depths.

Have a good day all.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • kazwookie
    Result.

Phone water board, have a chat, with two staff, result £74.63 refund for my water leak, I thought I would get about £40 to £50.

Well happy
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The sun is hidden behind clouds this morning, and it's so cool that I'm wearing my fleece dressing gown! :cool: I kept waking up thinking "It can't be 5.00 yet, the sun isn't up" so it was 7.00 before I finally looked at the clock. Not that I've had a decent night's sleep - I had weird dreams.

Made some good progress on the assignment yesterday and hope to get more done this morning, as well as popping in to SW to weigh in for the first time in a while :eek:

I need to go over to college this afternoon to change some books and hopefully see the librarian about continuing my library membership. I will do a little bit of flying, just enough to keep on top of things:

- S&S kitchen
    - S&S bathroom, ensuite and workmen's loo
    - WMx1
    - water plants, and at the same time wipe windowsills (fly graveyard, in at least one case)
    - possibly deal with a wasps' nest - though I think they are actually small bees, in which case I don't want to harm them. I will have to trap a couple first, for identification purposes.

LW, I'm sorry to hear that life is particularly difficult for you atm. Sending you lots of love and coping vibes.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all

So far this morning I have managed to do the ironing of the washing that was washed and dried yesterday. Have put another load on which will be ready for hanging out soon and then I will put all the dressing gowns on and get them out - no ironing in them so I like that wash :D

Have scrubbed the sink and emptied the dishwasher. Made brekkie for me and youngest.

So onwards with my list after this cuppa
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 12:28PM
    First of all... LW.. know we are here .. always, when you need us. We will in the interim be sending love and light and virtual hugs over to you. Even if you can't post just check in with someone to let us know you are ok because we do all worry about you! xxx

DD2.. I swear, I am going to put her in the bin!! We have reshuffled the entire downstairs of the house so she could have the middle room as a bedroom until September.. she turned up yesterday and I told her I would be REALLY miffed if we have done all this and she stays here 1 night a week.. So she says it's only for 2-3 WEEKS anyway.. I walked away before I said something untoward.. I wouldn't have freaking bothered if it was just for that short time!!! I am NOT impressed!!

Todays delights..

[STRIKE]Post skirt[/STRIKE].
    remove toys from back room to upstairs.
    Buy Emily a birthday present... and Squeak.. hers is only 4 weeks away... might have to leave those while next week.

[STRIKE]Radiator being delivered
    fruit/veg box delivery[/STRIKE]

Ring weird guy about fixing the chimney hole in the back room.. I'm far too cheeky so shall ask if I can pay him over 3-4 weeks depending on the cost.. I can't help myself haha.

Print CB form
    Fill out and save 4 Provisional DL forms.. I need 3 lots of pics but my children are having some form of Id.. it is a total PITA not having anything.. I ended up closing my paypal account and re-opening it to change my name from CF's.. it took about 8 seconds for the bank to change it.. Paypal wanted 87 forms of photo Id, a DNA profile and 15 references!! ..as if they know what I looked like in the first place!

Then we are looking at sheds.

ooh.. I need to measure for nets too, I hate them but I hate sitting exposed or having the curtains shut all day too.. so they are a necessity. 1.07m x 7m
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hadn't been to SW since 5th June, and have lost half a pound in all that time :rotfl: - but at least it's better than a gain (which would not have been surprising, considering how many times I have been out for tea and cake recently).

Plants in tub by front door watered.
    WM on.
  • kazwookie
    Tip run done
    Milk, cue, lettuce bought
    Hooved car out and cleaned the inside of car windows, filled up wash bottle, and booked an MOT for near the end of the month.

To do
    Watch fly past, just a chance the Red Arrows may fly past here to muster up, OH is cross as he went to central London yesterday and would have been in the right place to watch.
    Ironing
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    pigpen wrote: »
    First of all... LW.. know we are here .. always, when you need us. We will in the interim be sending love and light and virtual hugs over to you. Even if you can't post just check in with someone to let us know you are ok because we do all worry about you! xxx
    I'd best post then - I daren't not obey Piggers. :rotfl:No, joking aside, I'm still coming to terms - will say more when it's properly sunk in and I have some sensible coping strategies in place.
    Flying-wise, Mr LW is dusting. The big bookcase was absolutely minging, you could've written your name in it. :eek:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Well done for submitting the application, Jojo. Good luck with it.

Hope the essay writing goes smoothly today, Ionafan.
    Brilliant news about your OH's job, Mumof2. I really hope it works out well and takes the pressure off you.

I've:
    - watered the wilting honeysuckle
    - cleared and cleaned enough of the floor and the rest of the room in my office
    - made up the futon for a friend's one-nighter
    - put a load of gibble in the attic where it should have been all along
    - polished the bathroom mirrors
    - done my various supplements for the next two weeks, and
    - medicated Kelpie.

I still have to:
    - type up the froggie minutes I drafted yesterday longhand
    - ring my American cousin to leave a message because she's out today, I'm going to be out tomorrow and at some point we will eventually get to speak to one another
    - ring the plumber about a replacement boiler
    - book a GP appointment
    - book a couple of cinema tickets
    - give the lodgers some information so they pay me
    - do the shower room
    - do the towels for the overnighter
    - change the lodger's beds
    - freeze the excess cold chicken and salmon from the weekend
    - scrub out the smelly, empty water butt so that when it eventually refills the water will be sweet
    - water the pots on the front steps and top up the honeysuckle
    - water the pear tree and
    - talk to the neighbour again who's responsible for the apple tree because it's growing mould again so it's obviously not getting enough water. Her husband planted it ten years ago and died about five years ago so she says she wants it to live on, but she just won't water it enough.
    Better is good enough.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    update

Marvellous Monday - kitchen dining etc

Level 1
    [STRIKE]wipe all countertop appliances - kettle; toaster, coffee maker etc
    move them and clean all worktops
    [/STRIKE]

Level 2
    [STRIKE]Clean the windows
    Mop or vacuum floor if appropriate[/STRIKE]

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Dust where necessary[/STRIKE]

Phew Kitchen all done:T

Tip Top Tuesday - bathroom bliss

Level 1

Get a clean, damp cloth and wipe all the place fingers touch
    [STRIKE]Scrub the loo inside and out.
    Finish with a slosh of bleach[/STRIKE]
    Polish the towel rail.

Level 2
    Clean the handbasin(s)
    [STRIKE]Remove the plug and clean it thoroughly
    Remove anything icky from the plughole
    be a bleach baby and bleach that plughole!
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    Clean baths and showers
    Wash any shower curtains
    Clean any shower screens - I use detergent in hot water to wipe off the scum and then finish with windowcleaner for a sparkle
    If you use a wiper give the rubber blade a good wipe over
    Mop the floor.

Extras
    Empty a cupboard in there. Throw out anything icky and wipe the shelves over before replacing all tidily.
    Clean the window - wipe the frame before cleaning the glass.

Get a bucket of hot water - give the loo brush a good rinse and put it out in the sun to dry! Don't forget the holder! Damp, scummy brushes breed germs. If it's too awful to contemplate, wrap it and bin it and buy a new one from a cheap household store.

Extra for me
    [STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE]

getting there on the Bathroom :D Just time for lunch then finish the bathroom
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure