PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Love food hate Waste Part two for 2018 :)

Comments

• I had to scroll back to see what was meant by 'used cola', luckily it isn't what I first thought it meant! :D

I had to laugh:rotfl: that really would be LFHW:o

Monday’s lunch was Saturday’s lo mash & vegetables with two fried eggs for DH & Sunday’s lo soup with a finger roll from freezer for me. Dinner was cheesey beans on toast (bread from freezer). All very simple & easy.

Today, DH had lunch out while waiting for the M.O.T. on his Harley & I had a coffee & a Melting moment biscuit :o
    Dinner was chicken & mushroom pie filling (from the freezer) topped off with puff pastry from the freezer, with mashed potatoes & roasted frozen veg. Very tasty :drool: Small piece of pie lo for DH’s lunch tomorrow probably with a fried egg & I will probably have some toast. I will then use the lo puff pastry to make a ‘use up bits & pieces’ pizza & use the last of the potatoes to make saut! potatoes - dinner sorted :)

Re Sunday’s post I didn’t do any baking - I have spent the last two days scrubbing down a large portion of my wall unit & sorting & cleaning the numerous drinking glasses. Two dozen glasses for the cs :) The rest sorted & sparkling :rotfl: & put back with the bottles of alcohol :o

May do some baking tomorrow & need to work out what is on the menu for the next few days.

Not much left in the freezer but will probably manage two more meals - then the defrost can commence:)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Mrs SD that really would be pushing LFHW to the limits:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Last of the mushroom soup for lunch today, I love mushroom soup ,even though it isn't the best colour when cooked its just so delicious and I had stuck a dollop of sweet chilli sauce in as well to liven it up a bit so it was quite spicy:j

Tonight I think I have a y/s steak slice with some salad for dinner followed by diced grapes and greek yogurt. I am making a Victoria sponge for my sis-in-law who is coming mid-morning for a visit. I have a pot of whipping cream in the fridge to use up by the weekend so some will go in the sponge, and I may make a few scones for my DGS to use up the rest. No shopping for me this week at all and some serious decluttering hopefully of my freezer ,I am getting a little bit of 'wriggle room' so I shall make sure I only remove stuff from the freezer rather than put anymore in ;)

Have a good and frugal day chums

JackieO xx
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think I'll have to feed someone extra for lunch today so I took some of my butcher made sausages out of the freezer and defrosted them overnight with the idea of making sausage rolls for lunch as I can freeze any left over.

I don't need all the sausages for lunch so I will try to think of something to do with the rest for dinner tonight. I'm a bit stuck as I don't want them to look like sausages and nothing spicy or with tomatoes as my DH is a very traditional meat and two veg type of guy. Need to put my brain into gear!!
  • Zafiro; would he eat toad in the hole or sausages, mash and onion gravy? Both traditional sausage meals.
    We also have sausage casserole, made with onions, bacon and baked beans.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Got some mushrooms on the verge of going nasty. Will see what I can concoct tonight ;)
  • pugsydog
    pugsydog Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oranges, satsumas or any citrus fruit. Peel, remove pith and membrane between segments, shred with sharp knife, including the skinUse same volume of sugar as size of fruit(s) used. Spare rhubarb? Dice and cook. Chuck it in with fruit and sugar. Cook to setting point (does a small amount on a cold saucer wrinkle? Hey presto! Citrus and Roo marmalade! Doesn't take long or any skill except knife safety!
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    I think I'll have to feed someone extra for lunch today so I took some of my butcher made sausages out of the freezer and defrosted them overnight with the idea of making sausage rolls for lunch as I can freeze any left over.

I don't need all the sausages for lunch so I will try to think of something to do with the rest for dinner tonight. I'm a bit stuck as I don't want them to look like sausages and nothing spicy or with tomatoes as my DH is a very traditional meat and two veg type of guy. Need to put my brain into gear!!

Take the skins off and use the meat as a pie filling with fried onions mixed in and a pastry top and bottom.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks Wicked Lady and Sayschezza for the ideas. I'd forgotten about Toad in the Hole also the pie with fried onions sounds good. Both ideas are now firmly in my head for another day.

I only have one large skinned sausage left over from lunch but I also found two rashers of bacon left in the fridge and I've got a bit of turkey left over from sandwiches on Monday so I'm going to do a pie and maybe put a boiled egg in the middle if I've not got quite enough filling - that's dinner sorted :D
  • Hello everyone! just joined this forum and couldn't stop reading!!!55357;!!!56853;
    Very interesting ideas, thanks. I have worked out most of the abbreviations but could someone please explain 'y/s' please? It's probably something really obvious but it's doing my head in!!!!55357;!!!56834;!!!55357;!!!56834;
  • tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    y/s is yellow stickered - reduced to sell quickly x:)
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport