PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Arrietty wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer of recording my weight in kgs Knitwich that's very kind of you :) but if you don't mind, I'd rather stick with the stones and pounds because I don't really understand / relate to the kilos either :rotfl:

It's just that my scales only show pounds and stones on that setting so the tiny losses aren't so visible!

For example 10st 4lb is 65.31 kg and 10st 3lb is 64.86kg so if I lose half a pound my scales won't show it but they will show the grammes.

I'm just using anything to keep me motivated ... she said whilst munching on a Stem Ginger biscuit :whistle:

Have had a bit of shopping list trouble; brought a load of old paperwork in to the office to shred and stuck my shoping list on the front page so I'd remember it.

You can guess what happened next!

Ah it will still show on the list in good old fashioned pounds! just you can let me know what it is in kg :rotfl::rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,151 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    13 stones 3 today - the heaviest I have ever been in my life. :-(

B - granola and natural yoghurt

L - HM veg soup

T - from the freezer - gammon, pots, parsnips and carrots.
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My goodness, such major surgery would scare anyone z.!

I went for a run in the rain to prepare for DH's home made doughnuts. ...

I am really stressed by this funeral thing...everything had to be paid for beforehand. We don't have any savings though we are debt free and I save for our adventures from the housekeeping....and for clothes, Christmas presents etc. Every penny has a purpose. Now every last bit will have been spent and with no will, probate will take ages and we must maintain the empty house....and I cannot afford it.

L. Chicken and sweetcorn pie, potatoes, green beans...all veg from garden.

Evening snack will be cheese and crackers for him...I will have have fruit and yog.

TT, this site is worth a look https://www.gov.uk/funeral-payments.
    I know people that have received £1000 toward the funeral costs and some useful advice.
    Bonne Chance
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Weigh in today, reporting a 1lb Gain

Not a good start but I wanted to be honest and not hide or deny it.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Carmen wrote: »
    TT, this site is worth a look https://www.gov.uk/funeral-payments.
    I know people that have received £1000 toward the funeral costs and some useful advice.
    Bonne Chance

I shall post my weight next Monday.
    I return home tomorrow so maybe I can lessen any damage done by my indulgent few days away:eek:
    TTFN
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi all.

B/F readybrek, fruit toast, coffee
    Lunch protein shake with banana, yoghurt & granola, tea
    Tea - pork & apple casserole, mashed potatoes, tea

last night I had some scones which weren't planned, DS made them in food tech. I told him not to roll the mixture but the 'teacher' insisted he did, and he wanted to take them out of the oven when they were golden but she made him leave them in until they were black around the edges with charred sultanas - obviously he is learning loads about how not to do things.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,760 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dolly84 wrote: »

last night I had some scones which weren't planned, DS made them in food tech. I told him not to roll the mixture but the 'teacher' insisted he did, and he wanted to take them out of the oven when they were golden but she made him leave them in until they were black around the edges with charred sultanas - obviously he is learning loads about how not to do things.

My house troll made lovely scones at school the week before last. Sadly the "enchiladas" that he made last week were disgusting. The filling was mince and onion with no sauce or spices. I made them at home last night to show him how they're supposed to be done. He has a different teacher for sweet dishes to the one who does the savoury ones. Several savoury items have been dumped so far this year.....
  • dolly84
    cranky - the week before we had the most horrible pizza imaginable. DD made all the same recipes and her pizza was awful too, the base is a scone and about 3" thick and dry as a bone - that woman knows nothing about scones. I'm also amazed at the lack of common sense, they make soup which then has to be transported home by bus by children - honestly.

• dolly84
    I am going for a long run this afternoon so I will be having pasta for lunch. I find when I run in the evening I do really well but in the afternoon I am dragging myself along so I think I need a bigger carb boost. When I got dressed this morning I put my running kit on so no need to get changed so no excuses.

• Oh my goodness dolly...no way would I spend most of a day in running clothes....I look terrible in them.....haggis in lycra anyone?
    With that thought I shall get off my reluctant backside and give life a go.
    B. Coffee, beetroot juice.
    L....no idea
    D. Would like cauli cheese if I can get cauli somewhere...otherwise will be a quick pasta dish...even run out of tuna !
    Ugh..not a good day so far
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport