NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all, I've just applied for the switch. Should I get a confirmation email to say they've had my application and are processing it because I've not had anything and I'm worried in case it's disappeared into the ether!
    Thanks
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    The initial application form asked if I have a bank account, with whom, and for how long. I gave my oldest account, one I've had for decades, but I'd rather switch my newest account. Is that likely to flag up a problem if I name a different bank for the switch?

That's exactly what I did - maybe that's why I didn't get the red carpet treatment but the 2nd class route where I fell down a couple of worm holes / missed my turn!.... Just as long as I pass 'Go' and collect £125.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Katiehound
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've just applied for the switch. Should I get a confirmation email to say they've had my application and are processing it because I've not had anything and I'm worried in case it's disappeared into the ether!
    Thanks

Yes, but the timescale for that might be anywhere from 2 hours to ....... how long is a piece of string??
    Presumably you have applied for a new account first, and then the switch?

Did you get an application number? Handy to have because you can chase things up
    Many thanks
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Lilith1980
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Yes, but the timescale for that might be anywhere from 2 hours to ....... how long is a piece of string??
    Presumably you have applied for a new account first, and then the switch?

Did you get an application number? Handy to have because you can chase things up

Hi, I clicked to apply for the Select Account and it gave me all the info about the switch bonus. I filled out a few details and it told me I'd been accepted and then I had to fill out more details regarding the current account I have with my other bank etc. It told me to download the online banking app so I did that. It seemed like I'd got to the end as it said it would be switched within 7 working days unless I specified a certain date, but I just left that blank as I'm not bothered about the date. It then told me to close the window and that was it! I got no application number though. I don't want to apply again as it might affect my rating? Maybe I should just ring them and check tomorrow?
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I received an email saying my switch was starting two days after opening the account and initiating the switch.
  • Katiehound
    xylophone wrote: »
    The handsome, charming ones?:D
    Shucks!
    I assume you are referring to yourself! Whatever next?
    :naughty:
    Many thanks

• Lilith1980
    I received an email saying my switch was starting two days after opening the account and initiating the switch.

Thanks, maybe I'll wait 'til Thursday and then just get in touch with them in case anything has gone awry!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Hi, I clicked to apply for the Select Account and it gave me all the info about the switch bonus. I filled out a few details and it told me I'd been accepted and then I had to fill out more details regarding the current account I have with my other bank etc. It told me to download the online banking app so I did that. It seemed like I'd got to the end as it said it would be switched within 7 working days unless I specified a certain date, but I just left that blank as I'm not bothered about the date. It then told me to close the window and that was it! I got no application number though. I don't want to apply again as it might affect my rating? Maybe I should just ring them and check tomorrow?

Ring, complain and and ask for compensation.
  • Katiehound

Sorry can't help there as I don't have the banking app.
    Yes, I would just phone them
    A good time, if you are able, would probably be 8am - or near that- as I guess that is a quiet time!
    Many thanks

• Lilith1980
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Ring, complain and and ask for compensation.
    Is that your stock answer for everything? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport