NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Ahhh the famous NatWest pigs! My friend's son has a set of these except missing the 5th (and is that the largest?) They are still storing money on his bookshelf- he has long since moved away!

Switching to NatWest is every bit as exciting as the switch to Yorks bank! Hopefully my switch going thro on 9th.
    and yes I remember the mantra :
    earning £125, earning £125......etc

The pigs are in perfect condition and stored at my parents' house, along with my little brother's set. The biggest one was called Sir Nathaniel. You had to save £100 to get him.

I do keep thinking of the £125, but this is beginning to take more time than it should and if it carries on too much longer then I might just cut my nose off to spite my face. I don't need the hassle.
  • RedSky1974
    Options
    I uploaded my ID 8 days ago and still haven't heard anything. They taken a while with anyone else?
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't have digital ID, passport expired, paper driving licence as I haven't changed my name or address since photocard licences were launched. I made an appointment at my local branch, took the paper driving licence and last year's Council Tax bill, together with the letter I'd received confirming the appointment, and my sort code and account number were issued there and then. Debit card and PIN to follow within 5 working days, switch date confirmed for next week.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Er, there is a security and t&c requirement that only the account holder accesses the account! Having someone else access the account is a security breach.

If, as you say, you're logging in, registering for digidocs and uploading id info for your OH's account you are impersonating the account holder.

Who does it for Gran etc? No-one should, unless they have Power of Attorney.

Many people do though, including me and Mrs Zanderwoman for each other now and then, but in full awareness that it is against the bank's t&c!
    You don't need to login to the ac to access digidocs, nor use the ac password which is/can be different for digidocs.
    And if you read their T&Cs in total you'll find it has a caveats for giving third party access.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did a FP from Yorks bank- instant
    FP back from NatWest- clearly the scenic route- hasn't yet appeared. Oh yes, it might take 2 hours!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Having now spoken to someone about the ludicrous photo ID issue it turns out that they are only interested in getting a copy of my signature, so the form I have already signed for them is enough and they don't actually need my photo ID despite asking for it and rejecting it for no good reason!

Hello left hand, let me introduce you to the right hand!
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Don't make the same mistake as me and try to use RBS as a donor account too many times.

I'd successfully opened and switched RBS accounts twice in 2015 to get switching bonuses elsewhere. When I heard of the NatWest offer I opened another RBS Select account to use as a donor account. All went OK and I paid money in and even used the debit card a couple of times.

A week later I applied for a NatWest Select account and opted to switch the RBS account. All seemed to go OK, I received emails confirming the account was open and I downloaded the app, no problems so far. A few days later the debit card arrived. In the same post was a letter from the Application Verification Unit advising me that they'd changed their mind and declined my application and I should ignore the debit card. The next day the PIN no arrived with, in a separate envelope, another copy of the rejection letter that I'd received the previous day, -the only difference being that it was dated one day later.

Two days after this another letter arrived, from RBS this time, to say they'd decided that they didn't want me banking with them any longer and closing my RBS Select account. They also closed my RBS Instant Saver account. I had to visit a branch to get the small amount of money that was in the accounts.

Clearly they'd twigged that I only wanted RBS/NatWest for the switching bonus and nothing else. I know it's my fault for trying the same trick too many times. If only I'd opened a donor account with a different bank it might have worked. :-(

Hmmmm might leave my Natwest Account alone then once the switch has completed albeit wasn’t planning on switching it away again given have done all the other bank switch deals. I opened two Natwest Select and one RBS (may have been called Select too) current accounts within a few weeks of each other back in 2015 and switched all not long after. Didn’t have any problem though when I returned to Natwest last year to open the Savings Builder and then opening another Select current account a couple of weeks ago to switch into for the £125.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My switch starts today. What I'm finding odd is not having had a letter from the donor account acknowledging the fact it's about to happen and nothing from Natwest about the starting switch, no letter, no e-mail, no text.

It got to the stage last night that I wondered if somehow my application to switch with all the details that I know I entered had somehow been ignored or missed the boat. Anyway I've traced the important e-mails confirming things, dated back in January when I applied.

Nevertheless a bit weird. Needless to say the reader, applied for on 31/1, hasn't arrived.
  • davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well my experience of this has been far from smooth

Applied when the offer first was posted here and was accepted online for the select account with a decent sized overdraft.

Day after I applied I was asked to upload documents to their site which I did immediately. After this radio silence from NatWest.

I eventually raised a complaint only to be told the account hadn!!!8217;t been opened following their internal checks. Which to me begs the question why offer the account online (with a sizeable overdraft) only to decline it later and why did they not communicate that decision to me
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    My switch starts today. What I'm finding odd is not having had a letter from the donor account acknowledging the fact it's about to happen and nothing from Natwest about the starting switch, no letter, no e-mail, no text.

It got to the stage last night that I wondered if somehow my application to switch with all the details that I know I entered had somehow been ignored or missed the boat. Anyway I've traced the important e-mails confirming things, dated back in January when I applied.

Nevertheless a bit weird. Needless to say the reader, applied for on 31/1, hasn't arrived.

I didn’t get an email or text from Natwest confirming things had started until Day 2 of the switch. My letter from the donor account arrived today (Day 5).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure