Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• jerry2294
    jerry2294 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    contacted easyjet with delayed flight in 2010 of 3 1/2 hours and they say l was only delayed 26 minutes.

flightstats also back up my claim but they just lie and try to fob you off.
    now sent off letter to the CAA to complain to them.
    has anyone had much luck with easyjet?
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    E mailed Lufthansa regrading a two hour delay leaving Stuttgart to Munich due to a problem at the airport, I was told an aircraft had gone off the runway Lufthansa promised that our connecting flight from Munich to Manchester would wait for us (both Lufthansa flights), anyway we arrived at Munich and rushed to the check-in desk to find the flight had already left, Lufthansa put us in a hotel and we flew home the following day total delay was 12 hours.
    With them paying for the hotel plus taxis I am assuming they knew they where at fault otherwise why would they do this.

I had a phone call from Lufthansa customer relations declining my claim stating my aircraft suffered a bird strike and that was the cause of the delay, they say it is exceptional circumstances and that's the end of the matter, I need to consider what I may receive in compensation (if indeed I have a claim) versus what it would cost to push through a court (including stress and hassle) the route was less than 1,500 km so is at the lowest end of the compensation ladder.
    thoughts peeps??
  • ANNIE_2-2
    Options
    Does anybody know if i can claim for flight delay on a TUNISAIR flight from Manchester to Tunisia-flight was 3.5 hours late going out and 2.5 hours coming back-thanks
  • sky_rat
    sky_rat Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 April 2013 at 8:56PM
    Options
    In October 2007, our return flight from Florida Sanford to London Gatwick was delayed for approximately 24 hours.

This was a package holiday and was booked with My Travel who have now been taken over by Thomas Cook.

I sent the template letter (recorded delivery) to Thomas Cook but after nearly 2 months I had not had a response so I decided to call them. I was told that to make a claim I would need the boarding passes to prove we boarded the aircraft (who on earth keeps their boarding passes?) and the booking confirmation letter.

The problem is, the holiday was booked 6 years ago in April 2007!

With airline security being as high as it is, the airline must have a record of who was on the flight. I cannot believe that this information would not be available and wonder if its just an excuse to pay out.

The holiday was booked over the phone so all correspondence was in the form of paperwork which was disposed of a long time ago.

I was only able to find the booking reference and flight details from notes I had made in some old emails.

Is there anything I can do to proceed with this claim ?

PS. I checked the FlightStats website but My Travel is not recognised and nor is the flight number (MYT068 on 20/10/07)
  • sunny1966
    Options
    taken vietnam air down the MCO route. They have made an offer without prejudice - half the value of the claim plus a discounted return flight and a complimentary upgrade. If I intended going to vietnam in the next 12 months its tempting (the offer is time limited) but i'm having a splurge in RSA early next year....

Any thoughts? Accept or proceed??
  • Charlielola
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the forum So hope I'm doing this correct, I travelled on the 1/5/08 from Manchester to Sanford with travel city direct. They went bust in October 2008, I have contacted the "new travel city direct" but they do not have any of our details I need the flight number, can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance

Charlielola x
    :j
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Travel City Direct were never an airline, your claim is against the airline you travelled on. It is likely they have gone out of business also so you have no claim
    See the FAQs
  • ElenaKate
    Options
    Can anyone advise?....
    I've just read about claiming compensation for delayed flights.
    My flight from New York to Paris a couple of nights ago was due to leave at 7pm. I received a text message early that morning informing me the flight time had changed to 10.25pm that evening.
    That flight was then delayed 37 minutes.
    I was offered $10 meal voucher at the airport by the airline, Air France.
    I think that means in total, the flight was delayed over 3 hours - but as they told me about the changed time, does that count?
    Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ElenaKate wrote: »
    Can anyone advise?....
    I've just read about claiming compensation for delayed flights.
    My flight from New York to Paris a couple of nights ago was due to leave at 7pm. I received a text message early that morning informing me the flight time had changed to 10.25pm that evening.
    That flight was then delayed 37 minutes.
    I was offered $10 meal voucher at the airport by the airline, Air France.
    I think that means in total, the flight was delayed over 3 hours - but as they told me about the changed time, does that count?
    Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks
    not unless they give you 14 days notice....depending on the reason for the delay you could be due compensation
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    Dave_TH wrote: »
    E mailed Lufthansa regrading a two hour delay leaving Stuttgart to Munich due to a problem at the airport, I was told an aircraft had gone off the runway Lufthansa promised that our connecting flight from Munich to Manchester would wait for us (both Lufthansa flights), anyway we arrived at Munich and rushed to the check-in desk to find the flight had already left, Lufthansa put us in a hotel and we flew home the following day total delay was 12 hours.
    With them paying for the hotel plus taxis I am assuming they knew they where at fault otherwise why would they do this.

I had a phone call from Lufthansa customer relations declining my claim stating my aircraft suffered a bird strike and that was the cause of the delay, they say it is exceptional circumstances and that's the end of the matter, I need to consider what I may receive in compensation (if indeed I have a claim) versus what it would cost to push through a court (including stress and hassle) the route was less than 1,500 km so is at the lowest end of the compensation ladder.
    thoughts peeps??

looks like a quiet night sorry but need to bump!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback